Personal update

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
I trust that you do not mind me writing this, but I thought it may be helpful to share why relatively rare postings over the last three months or so, when I used to be so prolific before being overtaken by Pearl et al!

You may be aware that my wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease about 18 months ago, well today she is in her third week into permanent residential care.

She has become totally dependent and gets very tired, so at the age of 59, she has had to become a resident in what I refer to as her Country Hotel; it is about a mile from where I live so visiting is not a problem and taking out for short outings (she is unable to do longer ones). Apparently the younger you are when the disease starts the more rapid the advance: she has gone from no sign and driving a car to total dependence in a care home in two years.

However this upheaval has stopped a great many things, but slowly I am getting sorted. So hopefully I can resume talking to you all and trying to catch up in the posting statistics as I have fallen way down the rankings!

So a few funnies from my American correspondents will follow - the appropriate place!

:17::17::17:

Barmpot, I have liked this posting because its good to have you back but I'm so very sorry for you and your poor wife 59 is just too young.

I hope you have been taking care of yourself too?

I look forward to seeing you giving me a good run for my money. :16:

Welcome home. :17:

I am so sorry about what you must go through. I pray the best for your wife and that you will get rest so you can be there for her. Just needed to say that.

Back to the funny business! ;)

It's sad that your wife can no longer function as she would have liked, but probably better for both of you that she's getting quality care and you're not wearing yourself out by being the sole caregiver. You can't be any good to anyone else unless you have time and energy to take care of yourself.

Marianna

I am sure you have every ones prayers with you and your wife from the Forum. I dont now how you cope with it when anything like this comes on so sudden, but I am sure you will find a way. All the best happyjack.

Sorry to hear your news Rod it must be a major wrench for you,glad to see you back here and lets hope you wife is happy and safe in her new home,Terry

Thank you for giving us the update. I know it is a big adjustment, but hopefully things will sort out and get better.
I have enjoyed your postings in the past - especially those in the "Jokes, bad or otherwise" section and look forward to reading many more from you.
Marilyn

So sorry to hear of this life changing event. I had a co worker that retired last June, and 3 months later he was pulled over by police because of his driving. He was diagnosed severe dementia, and at 54 put in a nursing home by his brother. So I know what you mean by the young being hit by this disease so fast. I hope that you are taking care of yourself and prayers are with you and your bride.

:wink::wink:

Back