Passwords

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I know I have mentioned this before,but as we have several new members I will cover it again

Please make sure your password for the forum access is a strong one,and do not use dictionary words,as hackers use equipment to go through the dictionary along with your user name to try and log in.

I know we all hate trying to think of a decent password,but try and make it easy to remember eg

Jim Smith Lives at 66 High Street Ilford would equal jsl@66hs1 to make it harder stick a # at the start and a & at the end so #jsl@66hs1& or some other combination of the many symbols available

Just to confirm I cannot see your passwords, so I cannot remind you what they are,if you forget the password you can get a reminder/reset

I have set the password access so that after more than 5 attempts to login you will be forced to the password reset page, if not you will be locked out for 1 hour

In the next week or so I will have a new list in the database that will block entire countries access to the website,so if you go on a trip say to China you will not be able to gain access, it will not guarantee hacking attempts as not all countries will be blocked,just the obvious ones,but with your help using secure passwords we can greatly reduce the risk

Thanks

Terry

Just to add to what Terry says, earlier this year I was hacked/spammed and lost over 1200 posts plus they went through my address book and all my contacts were under attack. It is worth being very careful with passwords etc. Make them as difficult to crack as possible. :'(

Back