Out of service

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
My office is having a new floor laid tomorrow, so the room is being stripped of most things, so he has a clear run of the flooring, so I will have no PC access most of tomorrow, so behave otherwise Pearl will cancel Christmas.

Maltrab !!!!!....if I catch a bad case of "post traumatic Summerwine syndrome" due to lack of access to our wonderful site the fault will lie at the door of your office !!!!!!.
X!

More intrigued about what they find under the old floor clearly the remnants of several sticky buns , one of Nora's old curlers you got as a souvenir from filming and misplaced ? Who knows but if anything of LOTSW interest should come up hope you share it with us :)

Back in service, been a long day, the poor chap laying doing the work got 30% of the flooring down and noticed a fault with the 8mm boards, they were uneven at the joints, this was around noon so he called the supplier who said bring it back, so he lifted what he had put down plus the unopened packs, he called me 30 minutes later and explained they only had the 12mm matching boards in stock, now I know this stuff is far more expensive than the 8mm, but they offered a deal for an extra £80 to have the 12mm, a big saving on normal cost, so we went with that and he started all over again, he only left here about 7pm, he wanted to get it finished as he starts a 2 week contract tomorrow in Leeds.

I know that stoneworm has been reclassified in modern times but at least the laminate mites will take longer to munch through the extra thickness. Good forward planning Terry.

Back in service, been a long day, the poor chap laying doing the work got 30% of the flooring down and noticed a fault with the 8mm boards, they were uneven at the joints, this was around noon so he called the supplier who said bring it back, so he lifted what he had put down plus the unopened packs, he called me 30 minutes later and explained they only had the 12mm matching boards in stock, now I know this stuff is far more expensive than the 8mm, but they offered a deal for an extra £80 to have the 12mm, a big saving on normal cost, so we went with that and he started all over again, he only left here about 7pm, he wanted to get it finished as he starts a 2 week contract tomorrow in Leeds.
Have you had laminate or engineered oak? I can recommend that latter as it's much better made and doesn't tend to warp

Back