Odd

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the pilot today and noticed in that episode Compo referred to Nora's husband as Harold,anyone else notice this

I watched the pilot today and noticed in that episode Compo referred to Nora's husband as Harold,anyone else notice this

ive noticed tht ever since i saw the pilot, i assume RC (Roy Clarke), JG (Jimmy Gilbert) or BT (Bernard Thompson) changed his name between the pilot and series 2 when we first saw wally 4 some reason

In the Andrew Vine book, there is some of the script from the pilot which refers to Wally as Harold, and Nora as Eunice. I haven't actually heard the name Eunice in the pilot episode though.

That's right. I always wondered why they changed it. I'm glad they did, though. Eli spotting Wally on his motorbike from miles away wouldn't have been anywhere near as lovely a moment if he'd been saying 'is that Harold?'

Probably one of the most noticeable discontinuities in the whole programme: however I suspect when writing back in the early to mid 1970s, Roy Clarke could hardly have known that SW would go from strength to strength. I think it really became popular about series four, but could be wrong.

I think in one of the early episodes we actually see Harold and he wasnt played by Joe Gladwin.I am going from fuzzy memory here but i think he was drunk and Nora was shepearding him home in her own inimitable style ;D

Hector

I think in one of the early episodes we actually see Harold and he wasnt played by Joe Gladwin.I am going from fuzzy memory here but i think he was drunk and Nora was shepearding him home in her own inimitable style ;D

Hector

thts very true, hector, the episode was spring fever if i remember correctly, the man was 2 tall and lanky 2 b joe gladwin.

Wasn't she dragging him out of a pub?

yep she did and its a continuity error as well, nora drags her husband away 2 the left and compo walks off 2 the left afterwards, when all the time there houses are 2 the right, the pub they use is the 1 right next 2 compo and noras houses

Back