No new Summer Wine episodes on over Christmas

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Looking through the Christmas TV magazine there appears to be no new summer wine episodes on BBC over Christmas, not even any repeats, yet they can find many other repeats to show us,with 270 hours of repeats on BBC alone,you would of thought they could of popped in a few summer wine episodes

I totally agree.It wouldn't hurt to put a couple of xmas specials on.The longest running comedy series in the world yet the bbc treat it like muck.
Thank goodness for g.o.l.d.

I totally agree.It wouldn't hurt to put a couple of xmas specials on.The longest running comedy series in the world yet the bbc treat it like muck.
Thank goodness for g.o.l.d.

BBC have shares in GOLD so maybe that is why they don't repeat them,just want the viewers to pay again to watch them,yes the BBC do treat wine like muck,so what are they doing with the 3.7billion licence fee they get every year other than show endless repeats

I've been told they need the Last of the Summer Wine repeats for the BBC HD channel as there is still a shortage of HD content available for filling that channel's schedules. That's why we're not getting them on BBC One these days.

Of course there are still the older, non-HD episodes, but they're very rarely going to see the light of day on BBC One while the series is still being commissioned, for continuity reasons. In much the same way as only a few (three?) Compo episodes have been repeated on BBC One since the final Bill Owen episodes debuted. I think only Extra Extra, Last Post and Pigeon, and the 1995 NYD episode (can't remember the title at the mo) have been repeated since then.

I don't know when series 31 will air, but I will post on here when I get tipped off.

Just watched "Barry's Christmas" a few minutes ago. Funny episode. The ladies were hilarious in this one!

Back