No Door to Door Salesman

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Where I am living in Lincolnshire is a private park and this months newsletter bought a cheer to my heart, it seems a team of door to door double glazing sales folk arrived on the park,you know the one "Trust me it's free fitting" and started to canvas some of the homes,within minutes of this being reported to the out of hours number,the park management arrived and showed them the door,well the main gate

Now if only they could stop the companies calling me telling me my loft (Which I do not have) is not up to current insulation regulations that would be great,in future if they do call back I will ask them to come and quote me,if they want to waste my time I will be happy for them to make a wasted journey,they insist the information they have is supplied to them by the local council,so they must know what they are doing,I just want to see their face when they look for a loft that does not exist

Reminds me that I often get people insisting I need cavity wall insulation - rather diffcult with a solid stone wall some16 inches thick!

:D I'm fortunate in one way , soon as I say we are with the council they decide to ring off or walk away!!! :p

I remember years ago when the cable was being layed all down our street and my husband was on nights, they kept him awake for weeks. When they'ed finished the salesmen where out in force and when they knocked on my door I opened the door and a nice shiny man with nice shiny shoes and suit was standing there, he said " Good evening madam (which winds me up from the getgo) your street has just been supplied with a cable so you can get cable TV" He was standing on the top step and when I put my hands on my hips and puffed myself up and shouted " Oh so it was you lot that kept my husband awake for weeks when he was on nights was it, I,v been wanting a word with you lot!!" He fell downthe steps and ran down the drive so fast I could see smoke, they never came back !! ;)

I was doing an impression of my mam, I always thought she was more like Edie and I can see Pearl there too. ;D Good grief and cross between Edie and Pearl ;D

I was doing an impression of my mam, I always thought she was more like Edie and I can see Pearl there too. ;D Good grief and cross between Edie and Pearl ;D

Somebody who would complain about her own driving :)

;D Good lord my mam driving !! I think I would rather be in the car with Edie :)

I remember years ago when the cable was being layed all down our street and my husband was on nights, they kept him awake for weeks. When they'ed finished the salesmen where out in force and when they knocked on my door I opened the door and a nice shiny man with nice shiny shoes and suit was standing there, he said " Good evening madam (which winds me up from the getgo) your street has just been supplied with a cable so you can get cable TV" He was standing on the top step and when I put my hands on my hips and puffed myself up and shouted " Oh so it was you lot that kept my husband awake for weeks when he was on nights was it, I,v been wanting a word with you lot!!" He fell downthe steps and ran down the drive so fast I could see smoke, they never came back !! ;)

I like it

Back