Needless Cost

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
The screen grab below I took this evening of a bell helicopter helping to fight a moreland fire near Greenfield not far from Holmfirth , reports online claim the cause being discarded throw away BBQ's, the cost of fuel alone for this helicopter is 100 gallons per hour, then you have the added cost of the fire services etc etc .

Attachments

• heli.jpg
    heli.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 12
And the fire services from the surrounding towns undoubtedly were called out, leaving those towns without coverage. In the last several days, there have been so many moorland fires attributed to disposable BBQs that there's a petition on the Holmfirth Community group to have them banned.

The only place you should have BBQs is in your garden.

Apologies in advance I am not make light of these despicable acts of people not ensuring they tidy up and de-risk any chance of moorland fires but you know its hard for me to not to dip my toe into some sort of comic response . I have to say allegedly from the 4th of July there will be huge Barber Queues in every city and town throughout the UK :)

Apologies in advance I am not make light of these despicable acts of people not ensuring they tidy up and de-risk any chance of moorland fires but you know its hard for me to not to dip my toe into some sort of comic response . I have to say allegedly from the 4th of July there will be huge Barber Queues in every city and town throughout the UK :)
I agree why can't people have respect for our beautiful country!!!

On your other point, my clippers are on order (blatant profiteering as everyone wants them but that's an argument for another day) I've gone on YouTube and will be doing a buzz cut myself. So I expect I'll look the double of Peter Beardsley by the end of it!!!!!

I agree why can't people have respect for our beautiful country!!!

On your other point, my clippers are on order (blatant profiteering as everyone wants them but that's an argument for another day) I've gone on YouTube and will be doing a buzz cut myself. So I expect I'll look the double of Peter Beardsley by the end of it!!!!!

Anything in demand has shot up in price, also another scam has appeared, to do with the social distancing tracker scheme, you get contacted to say you have been near someone with covid, you need to pay £500 for a test kit to be sent to you, it is a offence not to do this, of course you will never see the test kit or your money again

And the fire services from the surrounding towns undoubtedly were called out, leaving those towns without coverage. In the last several days, there have been so many moorland fires attributed to disposable BBQs that there's a petition on the Holmfirth Community group to have them banned.
Yes, they should ban these things. and the fine for being caught using one would be extraordinary.

Back