My new, red V5C

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
I do not know any one in Swansea so any letter from a Swansea return address must be DVLC.

Yes - I have a new red log book!

From the accompanying leaflet we are told that these are being introduced following the theft of a number of blank blue ones.

One thought occurs to me - if the original security had been better, although costing more, might it not have proved cheaper than replacing all vehicle log books by November of this year?

Now I must destroy my old blue one.

No political overtones here I hope! ::) ::)

Anything from Swansea is a bit ominous. I live 9 miles from the place and believe me, it's a rotten town. D.V.L.A. or not!

US translation please???

This relates to UK government documents for motor cars (automobiles); the document is indication of whom is responsible for taxing and insuring the car. Has to be used when selling a car on and it has not been unknown for some less scrupulous traders to falsify these documents in order to gain pecuniary advantage!

I do not know any one in Swansea so any letter from a Swansea return address must be DVLC.

Yes - I have a new red log book!

From the accompanying leaflet we are told that these are being introduced following the theft of a number of blank blue ones.

One thought occurs to me - if the original security had been better, although costing more, might it not have proved cheaper than replacing all vehicle log books by November of this year?

Now I must destroy my old blue one.

No political overtones here I hope! ::) ::)

We had ours ages ago, it just turned up announced! I wonder how much this is costing the tax payer? We tax payers seam to be on aspending spree lately with with train debacle on top of this you have to wonder if we have any money left!

It's okay if you run out of money. You can just do what we here in the US do...borrow it! :p

Or you can do what Wilma and Betty did on the Flintstones when they were out shopping...CHARGE IT!

Back