My nephew at work.

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
This is a link to a Royal Opera House behind the scenes video. My nephew and Godson, who is a stage engineer can be seen at the 9 minute mark. Chose camera one, him with the headphones in the centre.The whole video is very Interesting if you like the technical side of theatre production :)
http://www.roh.org.uk/opera-machine

John. That is a fascinating video. It almost seems to be like a military operation with all the timing, coordination, radio communications, and moving parts. Very impressive. It must be exciting to work there and be part of the production.

John. That is a fascinating video. It almost seems to be like a military operation with all the timing, coordination, radio communications, and moving parts. Very impressive. It must be exciting to work there and be part of the production.
I have to agree Dennis... very complicated process indeed. Impressive!

I had to go to its website to really appreciate this place. I was awe struck on how beautiful this place is. Absolutely gorgeous. :)

Last edited:
That's really cool! I've been in a few plays myself, so I recognize some of the backstage stuff. It's even more impressive when you're backstage between scenes and watching them get things ready for the next scene and stuff like that. I remember my first play. It was "Tom Sawyer" at the Opera House close to where I live. I was 10 and I played Becky Thatcher (I've got a picture somewhere, remind me to post it sometime). Anyway, during intermission, I was already in costume and ready to go back onstage, but they were still moving things and changing the backdrop and stuff like that and I walk right up to the stage manager and go "What do you want me to do?" and he looked at me like I was insane! LOL I guess I was the first 10 year old to want to help out with stage stuff! LOL

Back