Miranda

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
I know I can be very critical of modern so called comedians. So many of them are just generally snide, mistake this for humour and walk around with permanent sneers affecting superiority. Many of them show up on the likes of "Have I Got News for You" where Ian Hislop and, even more so, Paul Hislop, are particularly bad. As far as I am concerned neither has ever done anything much for society but feel they are heaven sent to sneer and criticise those who are trying to do something.

But one modern comic for whom I have a lot of respect is Miranda Hart. I am particularly impressed with her versatility, noticeble in the role ahe took on in The MidWives.

She is underrated in my family's opinion Unc. My daughter watches both her sitcom and the midwife programme and thinks she is wonderful. However some of the critics are not so happy with both progs, but its probably the usual cry. The public likes something , lets knock it!! They did it at Summerwine if I remember correctly.

Totally agree Big Unc, as you say versatile and very talented. So many of the comedians on TV at the moment rely on cheap shots and getting laughs at other people`s expense and are about as funny as a fire in an orphanage.

I have liked a lot of her work. She is not without critics particularly because of the asides to camera which some do not like.

She did really look the part in Midwives.

.... Many of them show up on the likes of "Have I Got News for You" where Ian Hislop and, even more so, Paul Hislop, are particularly bad. As far as I am concerned neither has ever done anything much for society but feel they are heaven sent to sneer and criticise those who are trying to do something.

Big U - Paul Hislop? Do you mean Paul Merton?

I have watched her Miranda show and fell in love with it and her. She is an amazing comedian. So when Midwives came on I felt she cannot handle drama. Was I ever wrong she is an amazing actress. Before Miranda I never heard of her.. Her eyes speak. You just cannot find fault in Miranda.

I have liked a lot of her work. She is not without critics particularly because of the asides to camera which some do not like.

She is quoted as having been inspired by Morecambe and Wise (which cannot be bad) and the asides to camera were a great and highly amusing Eric Morecambe trick. Needles to say I have absolutely no problem with it.

Big U - Paul Hislop? Do you mean Paul Merton?

Absolutely. Paul Merton, the snide of the century. Makes my teeth grate. YUK! Sorry, trying to do too many things too fast today maybe because of the rugby.

Guess we all have our own likes and dislikes.

But we have collected every HIGNFY since it started, some
three-hundred-odd shows, and we love every one!!

And we really love Miranda Hart when she guest-hosts HIGNFY.

But we are really not much taken by the new show MIRANDA.
Not sure why, but it just does not click with us.

chuck

Back