Marina Rumours

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
On the net this evening a lot of post that Jean has died, I have not been able to verify this at the moment, I so hope this is not true

There is nothing on her agents page or on the news, so I am really hoping this is fake news

Oh no all the red top papers [Sun/Mirror/Daily Star] have just published the story in the last 20 minutes , so so so sadly it appears to be true . It's breaking news the Mirror says its been confirmed by her Agent so whilst you hope the papers have picked up the story from what Terry mentioned you have to think that it is worryingly true. I checked BBC News but nothing on their site yet but they tend to be behind other News groups

Breaking news seems to being saying that this rumour is in fact true, Vicky Michelle tweeted her good friend had died, she last saw here on Sunday at a Party, jean told her then she was feeling unwell, this is terrible news

Oh no all the papers have just published the story in the last 20 minutes , so so so sadly it appears to be true . It's breaking news the Mirror says its been confirmed by her Agent so whilst you hope the papers have picked up the story from what Terry mentioned you have to think that it is worryingly true. I checked BBC News but nothing on their site yet but they tend to be behind other News groups

I have been checking the BBC news feed but nothing on there at this time

This is just awful as you say 74 is no age . Jean's role as Marina is iconic , the eternal Howard-Pearl-Marina triangle was a cornerstone of the show and I feel is as pertinent to its success as the three leading men's antics . It is with deepest sadness that we have lost two sides of that triangle in recent months with Julie also sadly passing away . She was clearly philosophical about having to dress up in clothes that perhaps did not seem appropriate for a person of her age but clearly realised it was expected for the role and like a true troubadour of the Theatre she just continued on regardless. Thankfully we can continue to enjoy her tantalising hold over Howard for time in Memoriam on screen and DVD . A very very sad loss.

NB Please don't think ill of me for mentioning this on this thread but whoever writes the headline on the BBC page does not deserve to be employed . I find it very distasteful when these people refer to people by their Surname only. Surely Jean and others deserve a modicum of respect , its only 4 letters to give Jean her full name on the headline . Jean like a lot of us left school some time ago but perhaps these people believe everyone still is and have every right call people by their Surname , I think it is so disrespectful in any circumstances but most certainly in this instance.

This is just awful as you say 74 is no age . Jean's role as Marina is iconic , the eternal Howard-Pearl-Marina triangle was a cornerstone of the show and I feel is as pertinent to its success as the three leading men's antics . It is with deepest sadness that we have lost two sides of that triangle in recent months with Julie also sadly passing away . She was clearly philosophical about having to dress up in clothes that perhaps did not seem appropriate for a person of her age but clearly realised it was expected for the role and like a true troubadour of the Theatre she just continued on regardless. Thankfully we can continue to enjoy her tantalising hold over Howard for time in Memoriam on screen and DVD . A very very sad loss.

NB Please don't think ill of me for mentioning this on this thread but whoever writes the headline on the BBC page does not deserve to be employed . I find it very distasteful when these people refer to people by their Surname only. Surely Jean and others deserve a modicum of respect , its only 4 letters to give Jean her full name on the headline . Jean like a lot of us left school some time ago but perhaps these people believe everyone still is and have every right call people by their Surname , I think it is so disrespectful in any circumstances but most certainly in this instance.
I could be wrong but the Howard, Pearl, and Marina story line was pure serendipity. They had done LOTSW in summer stock with that story line with other actors and then during the second summer season they did it again with Jean Fergusson, Robert Fyfe, and Juliette Kaplan; and they all had chemistry. So during one episode, our guys were out chasing a donkey and discovered Howard dancing under a tree with someone who was not his wife. I suppose that Roy Clarke had a fondness for the tango. That was the first of three times he used it.

I could be wrong but the Howard, Pearl, and Marina story line was pure serendipity. They had done LOTSW in summer stock with that story line with other actors and then during the second summer season they did it again with Jean Fergusson, Robert Fyfe, and Juliette Kaplan; and they all had chemistry. So during one episode, our guys were out chasing a donkey and discovered Howard dancing under a tree with someone who was not his wife. I suppose that Roy Clarke had a fondness for the tango. That was the first of three times he used it.
Very interesting Adanor but, I must look up the word serendipity. The trouble is, by the time I get into my dictionary I have forgotten how to spell it. You are right of course, Roy Clarke did have a penchant for the tango. :geek2:

Could be serendipitous if you find it in the Dictionary, Peri. It is the sort of word that would be uttered by Leonard Sachs on the Good Old Days .

Terpsichore is used by Roy Clarke in Open All Hours when Granville is indulging in some tomfoolery and Arkwright tries to get him to stop , the definition in the Dictionary is the Greek Muse of dancing and choral dance , I suppose Hungarian's can also participate .

Back