London Dinner Event with Pictures

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
On the 19th September 2010 a special dinner in London was held to celebrate Franks Thornton's life on the television along with the end of Last of the summer wine, Roy Clarke spoke and mentioned he was still developing story lines for some of the cast hinting he still had more to give, Alan Bell thanked Roy Clarke for his many scripts along with the Cast and Crew.

I managed to get my camera locked in the cloakroon for several hours,so most of these photo's are thanks to **** and other fans who attended, it was great to see most of the Cast present for what could be the very last time.

FTP1.jpg

Peter Sallis,with Jean Ferguson and Liz Frazer

FTP2.jpg

Marina reading us a super poem she had written about the show and it's demise

FTP3s.jpg

Jean Ferguson, Josephine Tewson,Peter Sallis,Lis Frazer,Juliette Kaplan,Burt Kwouk,Sarah Thomas

FTP5s.jpg

Me on the right waiting for Juliette to sign my book

FTP6s.jpg

Nicholas Smith

Especially when they started to honour these bomber command people and never stopped, being the only German I just wanted to hide somewhere, lol! I still haven´t understood what this had to do with Frank Thornton, probably this was the charity thing the auctions were for. There was one large table entirely occupied by these men, war veterans full of medals. But of course we had fun at our table, joking about my being German and I laughed with them (Peter quote: "I´m glad you can laugh at it!"). Jean´s poem was really excellent and she is a very nice person.

I've just seen these for the first time, absolutely wonderful Terry, you witnessed a part of history.

I've just seen these for the first time, absolutely wonderful Terry, you witnessed a part of history.
I did Barry and the night before was our 40 wedding anniversary, we had a big party at out local pub near Haworth, and did not get to bed much before 3am, I had to be up and in Leeds for 8am to get the London train and did not arrive home until 10pm that night boy was I battered

Back