Lol or cringe moments

Some of my favorite bits are Foggy's fantasy about being the official walker to the Royal corgi's, Clegg's story about Hitler and the Ovaltinies, People dying from decency in the Turkey Man episode and Wally's immortal line "It's going to be a long time between drinks if I have to deserve everything!"

Was messing around making some gifs and i remembered this scene :D

giphy.gif

I think the older ladies like Nora, Ivy and Edie all had deep affection for their respective husbands but they are of an era where it was never to be admitted or shown in public . I think Roy Clarke was purveying the hard lives ladies of this ilk endured especially "Up North" just think of the grimness of those old films like Saturday Night, Sunday Morning .
What's an ilk

The ladies end up at a distant restaurant and the scene is that they walk into the restaurant and and they just don't look focused.

What's an ilk

A posh old dear deer think Edie or Hyacinth Bouquet, or you could say simply the same kind , sort, class . In this instance the ladies like Edie, Ivy, Nora lived their lives and marriage in the same manner there were a set of unwritten rules which they adhered to .

Not a cringe moment but a moment of reflection. I really love it anytime they walk in or near the creek or river to chase a bottle, capture a fish and put it in a jar of water, try to meditate on a rock, or meditate on the bridge staring into the water, especially that bridge with the bushes growing out of the side of it. To hear however briefly, the water burbling over the rocks, to see them gingerly hopping from rock to rock, and to see Compo wading in the water. All fun!

Back