Letters and emails

George

Super Moderator
I received this from Jonathan Linsley recently and thought members might like to share it.

Hello George,
Thank you for sending such a lovely letter. I'm delighted that you enjoyed my work on Summer Wine, it was fun to be involved in the series and i made some great friends including the lovely Bill Owen (god rest his soul) I'm glad i gave you a chuckle now and again and that the memory still raises a smile. Its a strange thing when your work affects strangers across the miles and all over the world, strange but woonderful. Now because of the wonders of technology i hear from you and we communicate like this and that too is amazing.

My wife Frances read your letter and was touched by your kindness and sincerity.

Thank you once again for all you said

Best wishes

Jonathan Linsley.
PS the Donkey was quite heavy.

I received this from Jonathan Linsley recently and thought members might like to share it.

Hello George,
Thank you for sending such a lovely letter. I'm delighted that you enjoyed my work on Summer Wine, it was fun to be involved in the series and i made some great friends including the lovely Bill Owen (god rest his soul) I'm glad i gave you a chuckle now and again and that the memory still raises a smile. Its a strange thing when your work affects strangers across the miles and all over the world, strange but woonderful. Now because of the wonders of technology i hear from you and we communicate like this and that too is amazing.

My wife Frances read your letter and was touched by your kindness and sincerity.

Thank you once again for all you said

How kind of Johnathan to reply like this and thanks for sharing george
Best wishes

Jonathan Linsley.
PS the Donkey was quite heavy.

That exchange is typical of Summer Wine behaviour - but it is nice to know that our appreciation of the actors is reciprocated.

I do recall him lifting that donkey and I guess no amount of camera work could avoid the actual physcal life required.

Oh, what a nice email, George :), thank you very much for sharing! Being very nice to fans seems to be compulsory for these Summer Wine stars!

Back