Lets hear your Comments Good or Bad

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Often it is best to spend our money on the say so of a friend, which can help avoid the pitfalls of buying something either on-line or in a store,so if you have any good places to shop lets share it, if you have had any real nightmare experiences then let the members know.

Personally I have found the following very helpful

Ikea, the staff always keen to help
Dunelm Mill stores again staff keen to help

On-line if I can get it from Amazon and the price is right I will, over the last few years a couple of things have turned out to be faulty,but there was never a problem getting it replaced

Let's here your stories and not just in the UK

From here in the US I tend to buy online from amazon.co.uk.

The ship pretty quick, and the stuff arrives ok.

My touchstone purchase is a complete DVD set of the US TV
program West Wing that would have cost about $120 US,
but cost only about 40GBP plus about 5GBP shipping.

Sure, required a Region=2 player, but that's a really big
savings when, at the time, a pound bought $1.50 US.

Just t'other day I ordered a One Man and His Dog set.
Can't wait.

chuck

My complaint is against the gas &electric companies whogive you an 0845 number to phone. The other day , out of a 9.5 minute call I spoke to an "agent" for less than 2 mins . The rest of the time was spent on climbing the menu tree and waiting for someone to answer!!

My complaint is against the gas &electric companies whogive you an 0845 number to phone. The other day , out of a 9.5 minute call I spoke to an "agent" for less than 2 mins . The rest of the time was spent on climbing the menu tree and waiting for someone to answer!!

This is typical of these large companies these days,the ones that make me mad are internet providers,when you call because your internet is not working,while you sit in a queue for tech support you keep getting a message telling you to check on-line for answers to the problem,if you could get on-line you would.

I can certainly relate to the long hold times .I also get really ticked off with the "Please hold,your call is important to us" over and over again until i get to the point of shouting down the phone,"If its that important to you then answer the darn thing before i grow old and forget my name" :D

On a brighter note..I find Amazon very good and use it regularly.

Hector

That reminds of something a friend told me a few weeks ago.Her brother in law had died and one of the Gov departments sent out a form in relation to his death but,it actually required the signature of the husband who was dead.To my mind this is totally insane.This naturally upset the wife and the depatment recieved some very strong letters.

Hector

That reminds of something a friend told me a few weeks ago.Her brother in law had died and one of the Gov departments sent out a form in relation to his death but,it actually required the signature of the husband who was dead.To my mind this is totally insane.This naturally upset the wife and the depatment recieved some very strong letters.

Hector

I have heard of this type of thing before and find it unbelievable that this can happen,though it does show the calibre of person working in these departments,I would fire the person who signed the letter and their boss

I tend to buy most of my dvds and books from sendit.com or amazon both are very good

I think these two companies have cornered the Market for DVD's.Lets hope they continue to give good service and don't get sold off,when things often go downhill

Current PC world advert for laptops,in a loud voice the man states off all laptops,and below it in small prints it states not Mac,fine but what happens if your have poor or no sight,do you get someone to take you off to pc world only to find you cannot get this offer on Mac laptops,your heart could be set on saving a few bob for someone's Christmas present,another way of misleading some folk

I can certainly relate to the long hold times .I also get really ticked off with the "Please hold,your call is important to us" over and over again until i get to the point of shouting down the phone,"If its that important to you then answer the darn thing before i grow old and forget my name" :D

On a brighter note..I find Amazon very good and use it regularly.

Hector

What i find and probably everyone else is, when your buying something from a shop either over the phone or the counter is that the customer service will be great but as soon as you want to raise an issue or heaven forbid return the item thats when the problems start!!!

As christmas is coming soon, you will have noticed the toy adverts? with two young girls you can imagine the excitement at these adverts. Well i hate spending £30 to £50 on toys that have no batteries, these adverts place the "batteries not included" statement at the bottom or a extremely quick voice-over man says it on the advert itself. That is just more expense for us, you might be lucky and get batteries with the toys or whatever but you can bet there from poundland where you can get one million batteries in a pack for a quid, lasting about 2-3 seconds maybe.
well thats my little rant over
( no offence to poundand meant, they do have some nice sweets!)

I renewed my travelcard online today,the website stated they aim to deliver the new card in 5 working days,I received a e-mail thanking me for my order and the card should be with me in 10 working days

I had reason to call Talk Mobile today after having problems with my new sim card, they could not of been more helpful, even called me back so I could set the mobile up when he talked me through it,on top of that gave me sound advice on how to monitor the usage for data,very impressed,long may it last

I see as the weather has changed and it is colder and damper,we now have to suffer cold and flu remedy adverts on the TV every 10 minutes

AND STILL NO LET UP IN THE " PAY US £2/£3 A MONTH ETC " >:(

Well i've got a few to talk about here now, so here i go, I purchased two tickets for me and my wife to go and see Britney Spears at the telewest arena in newcastle. I know what your going to say but she wanted to go and her friends were going she wanted me to take her so i relented and went. First the ticket office staff were perfect, polite and respectful first one done now, The show was terrible absolute s**t i took my ipod and stood at the back with my Bob Dylan and Rolling Stones records on and the misses was at the front with her mates. I was surprised that when i looked around there was many a man with earphones in scratching their feet on the ground wanting to go to the pub. The lass lip sync'd all the way through and couldn't dance at all, the wife was not impressed and i got the blame which is just the way of the world i suppose.
So, newcastle arena staff "ace" Britany Spears "terrible". Cant say fairer than that then.

Back