Lesson on how to post a photo needed

minxie

Dedicated Member
I see now underneath the message body, you can click and add photo's which I did.
I then clicked on preview, but couldn't see any photo's.
Can someone post a simple guide on how to post photo's
I would like to be able to do it myself, rather than badgering poor Big Unc all the time.

Thanks

I see now underneath the message body, you can click and add photo's which I did.
I would like to be able to do it myself, rather than badgering poor Big Unc all the time.

Thanks

The attachment method does work but it does not show up in "Preview" and it does not show on the Recent Post page. I have attached a cartoon to this to show it. Must not exceed 200KB.

Thanks

Dearest Minxie, I forgot to add in my last that I can think of none other that I would prefer to badger me.

Do you want to include a picture that is already on the internet or do you want to upload one from your computer?

From my computer.

It looks like that option was nixed (if it ever existed here). I thought we had it before the board upgrade but can't be 100% sure. The only way I can see doing it is what I have done in other forums; upload your photo to one of the free picture host sites - flickr/photobucket/ tinypic/imageshack/imgur/postimage, etc. and then just insert the link into your post.
Actually, now that I have looked back at my older posts, all the photos I have posted here are either from my photobucket account or other sites on the web. The preview button will show the pic when you do it that way.

I think my avatar is the only thing I have uploaded straight from my computer.

To post a picture you have uploaded to a photo host site or have seen on another site, go to the picture (not the linked pictures you see when you look at images on Google search but the actual page the picture is on). Right click on the picture.

With Google chrome you will see the option to "copy image url." Click that.
With Firefox, the option will read "copy image location." Again, click that option.

All of the photo hosting sites will have similar choices or will have the address on the side of the pic already there for copying.

Internet Explorer is a bit more tricky. What I do is right click on the picture and go to the bottom and select "properties."
Then I will see this. I copy the area I have highlighted in blue.

example-1.jpg

For all of the browsers, once I have the address of the picture, I copy it here at summerwine.net into the post I am making and then highlight it again (by right clicking the mouse and moving it over the text I want to select).
With it highlighted, I click the "Insert Image" button above in the options selection area above my post. That now brackets the address with img in the front and /img at the end of the address (There will be brackets around the words also but I had to remove them here so that I could show you the example).
Now, when you click on preview, you should see the picture in your post.

I did try to add a photo, the only problem was that it is to big, I think it would of worked otherwise. Any ideas anyone, how to reduce the size of the photo which is on my computer,

I did try to add a photo, the only problem was that it is to big, I think it would of worked otherwise. Any ideas anyone, how to reduce the size of the photo which is on my computer,

Depends what photo-editing software you have on your PC. Using Microsoft Office Picture Manager (an Office Tool or Auxiliary) "compress" function pictures reduced from around 2 Mb to 100Kb.

The attachment started at 1.8Mb

AAAhhh, now your talking Japanese, Big Unc, but I will have a play and see if I can work it out.

Then again what are son's for, I may see if he can show me.
Otherwise expect an email loaded with my holiday pix ;)

AAAhhh, now your talking Japanese, Big Unc, but I will have a play and see if I can work it out.

Then again what are son's for, I may see if he can show me.
Otherwise expect an email loaded with my holiday pix ;)

Feel free - always glad to help and it means I get to see picture of you in bikini first.

I would not tend to use the attachment method for which you need to compress. You get a much better picture if you can post it on a website like PhotoBucket.

You needed to make the link and "image" link, the icon to use is the first one on the left, second row.
It will give you a [img ]http://[ /img] (without the http://) all you need to do is insert the link to the image between the 2 'img' tags, Or just highlight the link to the image and click on the add image icon.
fergie2.jpg

Gonna try to link in a pic of me old dog!
fergie2.jpg

But the preview shows the link, not the actual picture.
Why is that???

You have not put the coding in to display the photo.

Highlight the link and then hit the "Insert Image" Key - bottom left above the BOLD key. I have done it in the quotation of what you posted.

Back