ladders

gremlin

Dedicated Member
can anybody help...wracking my brains trying to find the episode again where howard is wandering around with a ladder...it starts off as a wooden one but in the following scene it has transformed into an aluminium one... : :-\

They used ladders on a few more occasions such as In the service of huminity when they steal it from the man on the roof of the building :)

The window cleaner had one in Keeping Britain Tidy. Easily missed this one as he had it on his bike.

:D What about when Truly and Billy stole Howards ladder and he was stranded on the roof :eek:

and of course when truly and co were trying to get howard out of the house and went around to the back of the house with wesley and the landrover and got caught of course and used the excuse that they were trying out local response to emergency evacuation...a side of the houses i dont think we have seen in any other episode.. :)

and of course when truly and co were trying to get howard out of the house and went around to the back of the house with wesley and the landrover and got caught of course and used the excuse that they were trying out local response to emergency evacuation...a side of the houses i dont think we have seen in any other episode.. :)

It wasn't Truly Gremlin, it was a Seymour episode, "Set the people free", where they used the landrover as the emergency vehicle.

Regarding the OP, i'm sure Howard bent the ladder trying to escape from the bedroom window, he then gets Barry to reverse over it with his car to straighten it, i forget what the episode is called.
Either way, it is an aluminum one.

I remember that one. Barry had a very bewildered expression on his face. Mike Grady was something special as Barry, wasn't he?

ah yes thanks for correcting me on that one blueprintz...and as for mike grady rhi, i agree, great as barry, he has a permanent hang dog expression which only improved as he aged...so many funny situations but i love his hangover scenes in there goes the groom.

Somewhere in Series 13, maybe in Passing the Earring or
Cash Flow Problems, they try to get Smiler up a ladder
to get him into Nora's house. Smiler can't hack it, so
they send Compo up to get inside and open the door.
At that point Nora emerges. The lads drop the ladder.
Then Compo terrorizes Nora and get's The Brush.

Didnt they have one in Whos looking after the Cafe then? and merry christmas father christmas?

I believe so. The trio rigged up three ladders with a wooden plank between two of them to fix the paintwork above the cafe entrance.

They also used one to sneak up on Nora to settle the question of the size of her feet.

I liked the ladder in 'Mending Stuart's Leg'. It went on and on and on and on!!!!!!!!!!!!

the episodes when compo borrowed Wesley's ladder and Foggy came around a corner (ouch),, and A Merry Heatwave when Cleggy got stuck in the window.
Howard and Marina used one for their new "secret spot", on the barn roof.

Back