just realised Bill Owen died 13 years ago last thursday

While we are on about Bill Owen , my wife remarked how well he kept his hair in the later years. For someone who was supposed to be scruffy his hair underneath that hat always looked lovely and clean :D

Bill was same as Wilfrid Brambell-both played scruffy,dirty old men on TV,and dandys in real life-interesting that Bill didnt like leavig the set dressed as Compo

LOL, this is really quite funny that Bill didn´t like to leave the set dressed as Compo, especially when you think everybody in Holmfirth would have known him anyway, so no need to feel embarrassed.

Nobody could play a scruffy person with a childlike outlook on life quite like he could! Rest in peace Bill, and I hope you're making them laugh in Heaven!

LOL, this is really quite funny that Bill didn´t like to leave the set dressed as Compo, especially when you think everybody in Holmfirth would have known him anyway, so no need to feel embarrassed.
Probably wanted to keep his personal and prrofessional life separate

Last night I watched his death and funeral episodes. I don't know what to say but it was excellent writing. You could tell from previous episodes that he wasn't looking good.

13 years? It still seems so fresh in my memory. It must have been so hard for the rest of the cast to film the episodes following that. Especially for Mr Sallis, Kathy Staff and Jane Freeman.

Back