John Bluthal

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
It has been announced today that John Bluthal sadly passed away aged 89. He is remembered fondly as Frank Pickle the most boring man in Britain from the Vicar of Dibley. He was also the Barber who sprayed Foggy with eau de cologne after shaving him, much to Compo's disdain . I personally will always remember him as a sidekick of perhaps the most anarchic and pure comedy genius that was Spike Milligan , John was a stalwart of the Q series . He has a portfolio of parts as long as your arm , he has been in so many huge Comedy hits think of any show and he probably appeared . He starred in an old fondly remembered show Never Mind the Quality Feel the width that was watched by millions which started airing over 50 years ago but when that aired he already had a lengthy and hugely impressive CV . A very sad loss.

I loved his character in The Vicar of Dibley. Another sad loss.

As a Spike Milligan fan I thought he was brilliant in all those programmes and of course VOD.
Will be sadly missed, great character. RIP

Sorry to hear this. Enjoyed him in Vicar of Dibley as well as the scene where he sprays Foggy with cologne.

Back