Jean Fergusson

Adding my post here in addition to the previous thread:-

This is just awful as you say 74 is no age . Jean's role as Marina is iconic , the eternal Howard-Pearl-Marina triangle was a cornerstone of the show and I feel is as pertinent to its success as the three leading men's antics . It is with deepest sadness that we have lost two sides of that triangle in recent months with Julie also sadly passing away . She was clearly philosophical about having to dress up in clothes that perhaps did not seem appropriate for a person of her age but clearly realised it was expected for the role and like a true troubadour of the Theatre she just continued on regardless. Thankfully we can continue to enjoy her tantalising hold over Howard for time in Memoriam on screen and DVD . A very very sad loss.

NB Please don't think ill of me for mentioning this on this thread but whoever writes the headline on the BBC page does not deserve to be employed . I find it very distasteful when these people refer to people by their Surname only. Surely Jean and others deserve a modicum of respect , its only 4 letters to give Jean her full name on the headline . Jean like a lot of us left school some time ago but perhaps these people believe everyone still is and have every right call people by their Surname , I think it is so disrespectful in any circumstances but most certainly in this instance.
'Fergusson' indeed. That's what you might call a footballer (or manager!) or someone like that, but not an actress, especially under these circumstances.

The press use a lot of inappropriate and even pointless words. Without going off topic, the press like to use the word 'bespectacled' - I don't know why.

Anyhow, back to Jean.

A remarkable, versatile actress and a very lovely lady.

It's interesting, but she could have played any leading female part in LOTSW.

Sad news. Was good to see that her friend Vicki Michelle got to see and spend a little time with her before she passed. RIP dear Jean, you will be missed. Thank you for the laughter you have brought us.

Back