JACK & JOEY QUIZ 3

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
The boys are hoping that this time they have you stumped.

Attachments

• MRS CLEGG 450.jpg
    MRS CLEGG 450.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 13
  • MRS. CLEGG 2 450.jpg
    MRS. CLEGG 2 450.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 13
  • MRS CLEGG 3 450.jpg
    MRS CLEGG 3 450.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 13
  • MRS CLEGG 4  450.jpg
    MRS CLEGG 4 450.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 15
Ok. Looking back over old threads, age 51 seems to be a better guess, but is there a clear date on the headstone? Anyone got Roy Clarke's phone No?

The date on her headstone is difficult to make out. So the answer is... we don't know.

Not the answer but I thought I'd mention a funny story about my very first trip with National Holidays to Eastbourne and from our Hotel base in Eastbourne there were various day trips including one to Beachy Head and the surrounding area . We were about to pass a lovely little Church and Churchyard and the driver being a bit of a wag stopped outside and announced that Arthur Wynne the inventor of the modern day Crossword puzzle was buried in that Churchyard . A large number of people got out of their seats and started peering out of the window so he knew he had them and promptly delivered the punchline " You can see his gravestone if you look, its 6 down and 8 across from the stone in the top left hand corner!" priceless it certainly broke the ice and made for a more convivial trip all round.:)

Picture 1 ......EDITH CLEGG..........1909-1971. Take a close look at the nines. She was 62.
Pictures 2 & 3, Jack and Joey celebrate

Attachments

• GRAVESTONE .JPEG
    GRAVESTONE .JPEG
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
  • WELL DONE JOEY 450.jpg
    WELL DONE JOEY 450.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 8
  • JOEY MEDAL 450.jpg
    JOEY MEDAL 450.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 7
Joey must have better eye sight than me.
Hi Glenda, Joey here, yes my mince pies are pretty good and so are Jacks but the old mans, not so good. The only time they fully open up is when you appear on the screen in your motor cycle gear. Then they stick out like shuttlecocks. Poor old soul.

That's the sharpest close-up of Mrs. Clegg's gravestone I've ever seen. The birth year looks to me like 1909, so she was 62 years old when she died. That would have made her about a decade older than Clegg. There's been some speculation that the stone was one from the props department that could be faked up to suit any script, and that the staff that faked it up for this one never dreamed that we'd look that closely.

By the way, why an American quarter for Joey's medal? ;)

That's the sharpest close-up of Mrs. Clegg's gravestone I've ever seen. The birth year looks to me like 1909, so she was 62 years old when she died. That would have made her about a decade older than Clegg. There's been some speculation that the stone was one from the props department that could be faked up to suit any script, and that the staff that faked it up for this one never dreamed that we'd look that closely.

By the way, why an American quarter for Joey's medal? ;)
Joey's medal Marianna, his mom, my wife, comes from Minnesota USA. He had a choice of a sixpence, 2 and a half pence, or an American quarter. He chose the quarter.:37:

I hear he wanted to take the Sixpence Peri but out of loyalty to Mrs P he selected the nickel . I know you tried all sorts to persuade him but whatever you did he wouldn't BUDGE REGARdless of what you offered :08::tw::fp:
Captain, you have upset little Joey, you said he chose the nickel which is only worth 5 cents. His medal was a quarter which is worth 25 cents. Now he is throwing his furniture around because he thinks that you tried to make him look CHEEP. :13:

I do apologise , I hope he hasn't thrown his honey bell out of the cage and is tossing Trill as far as he can . I in no way wanted to diminish his achievement . I have no wish to imply that it was some nickel and dime accomplishment, far from it so if you could enforce he is indeed a Pretty Boy that would be much appreciated . :)

Back