Is Lewis Ending???

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Been downloading Lewis ever since Morse passed on.

While downloading tonight's episode, I see a note
saying that the series is ending.

Hoo Haw!! More info is needed here. Help Y'all!!

As I understand it from things I have read, Laurence Fox is going to America to work and wanted some time out, so they are tying up some loose ends just in case he stays over there. There may be some more episodes in a couple of years. I am just so pleased to see Robbie Lewis happy again.

I read somewhere that that Kevin Wheatley said he thought he was getting a bit too old to keep playing Lewis. Which I thought weird because I'm sure John Thore was older than that while he was playing Morse!

I read somewhere that that Kevin Wheatley said he thought he was getting a bit too old to keep playing Lewis. Which I thought weird because I'm sure John Thore was older than that while he was playing Morse!

Kevin Whately is actually sixty two tomorrow. John Thaw died at the age of sixty. The last full series of Morse was in 1993 when he was around 51 with five specials after that the last in 2000 when he was around 58.

Per previous discussions, like Rebus and the "New Tricks" gang, Lewis would need to retire at sixty and come back in something like UCOS. It is probably that parameter to which Whately is referring.

from what ive heard its not fully ending as sue said laurence fox is going to try his luck in america and kevin whately wants a summer with his family instead of filming lewis, ITV want it to continue so it might with or without laurence in future, but it might be like morse and be occasional specials in the future, so its future is uncertain at the minute

What a nice finish to the show. Lewis and Hathaway were such unlikely 'mates'. Unlike Morse, Robbie Lewis was so very human. I do like a happy ending.

Back