Is it

That’s my favourite shop. Proper old school and a chatty guy that runs it. Well that and the old chippy on the left as you leave Holmfirth.
If you are referring to Compo's, the last time I went in the quality was very disappointing, more batter than fish, fish and chips very greasy, previously I have always had a decent meal in there

Here's a recent photograph of a shop in the Holmfirth area where suspected money laundering and high pressure selling was taking place . It has been the subject of many complaints and many Trading Standards investigations by agents, who left empty handed,in terms of evidence, but otherwise left with a selection of bargains and items they really did not need . :)

shop.jpg

If you are referring to Compo's, the last time I went in the quality was very disappointing, more batter than fish, fish and chips very greasy, previously I have always had a decent meal in there
No it was the dilapidated one in Holmebridge… little more than a shack. I haven’t been in Compo’s for about 2 years. Sorry to hear it wasn’t up to scratch when you recently visited as it was always pretty good.020F558F-5F9C-4120-BDF5-29EAFFBB4CB5.jpeg

Back