Inside Number 9

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
This show is in series 4 on BBC and I must admit I have never seen it . Written by Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton two of the guys behind the League of Gentlemen [which may put a lot of the members off watching this but please do not let it] .

I cannot speak for the rest of the series but I will watch some more but please take a leap of faith and watch the first episode of Series 4 titled Zanzibar . Reading about the series it centres around the events of dwellings connected to the number 9 . In the one I have just watched, it is based around rooms on the 9th Floor of the Zanzibar hotel . I understand it is based on rhyming couplets in a sort of tribute to Shakespeare.

It is a traditional Farce based upon people being in the wrong rooms but it is so much more . I have to credit the writers with their ingenious plot it is so cleverly done . Whilst it is a little risque I don't believe anyone could find it offensive because it is all implied and not graphically demonstrated . If you decide to Watch on BBC IPlayer I do hope you enjoy their ingenuity .

But I cannot find it on RARBG so I cannot download it.
Is there a better title than Inside Number 9 ???

I've seen most of this series and it's a mixed bag quality wise. Some excellent guest stars and a varied choice of scenarios. Even the weaker ones have something to enjoy in my opinion.

Great series, I've been a fan of theirs from the League of Gentlemen through Phsychoville to No Inside No 9.

Just when you think it cannot get any better there was a Live Inside Number 9 last night for Halloween, which is available on the BBC IPlayer . Twitter was red hot with the reaction to it . I personally was gripped by it there is something that happens early on [cannot spoil the surprise] that people were just bemused by . I would urge anyone who likes the macabre to watch it , there's an old friend from Open and Still Open Hours in it as a guest.

Really enjoyed it. I will have to watch it again tonight...i saw so many fleeting glimpses of things lurking in the background.o_O:)

Back