Indian or Chinese

Sushi is Japanese!!!!
Lol you're right! They serve it at Chinese restaurants here tho. Lol I'm actually allergic to a lot of sushis because I'm allergic to shellfish but I do love the ones I can eat. The spicy tuna roll is my favorite because the first time I tried it was on that really fun vacation Joey forced me to go on with him and that vacation really helped with my recovery so I always associate the spicy tuna roll with that! Lol

I know nepalean the country in the middle of China and India
There's a Nepalese restaurant in Shrewsbury which is lovely, the food is more similar to Indian than Chinese there but they do serve pork which you don't tend to get in Indians. I'm not sure if they eat pork in India, but I know that the vast majority of UK Indian restaurants are run buy Bangladeshis who are Muslims so that would explain why you don't see pork on the menus.

I remember when the very first Chinese restaurants opened in Newcastle it was a step into the unknown . They all provided a three course business man's lunch for a very reasonable price, one of the originals the Happiness Inn is still open . Our first one was a huge surprise to me when I read about them it opened in 1949 . Like most cities we now have a Chinese quarter with a street of restaurants with an oriental arch /gateway to the street which is having structural issues leading to a row between the council and the community as to who should pay for the repairs.

For me, Indian food is a minefield because of the likelihood of chickpea meal as a hidden ingredient. I like it, but it doesn't like me! Same with Chinese because soy and, to some extent peanuts, are ubiquitous. All three ingredients are in the same botanical family, along with several others that don't like me. Because of that, I avoid both Indian and Chinese food.

Back