I'm Depressed !

Its a cynical Government move they palmed off onto the BBC but I agree with you Dick although I am nowhere near getting my licence free . There is a perception that all old people are rolling in money which is simply not true . Lineker isn't the biggest waste of funds but pretty close, Graham Norton holds that unenviable crow in my opinion . I would love to know the cost of putting that show on with the list of guests he seems to roll out week after week and for what 2.5 million viewers[as of 25th of May, man they cancelled our wonderful show when we had three or four times that at the time:mad: ] .

Not counting the dozens they send to outside broadcasts ! They say they cant tell us how many hundreds they will be sending to Glastonbury because of human rights laws ?:eek2:

Just read in the paper that my "free TV licence" is to be revoked. I've not had the darn thing 6 months . Meanwhile Lineker et al are getting a pay rise ?? :eyesroll::20:

Dick this is no surprise, it was mentioned over a year ago when the BBC took responsibility for the free licence, previously it was paid by the government (Taxpayer). the BBC wanted to increase the annual licence fee, so they agreed to take ownership of the free licence instead of the government (Taxpayer) paying for it, almost immediately the BBC said they would have to see if they could afford to carry on with the free licence for over 75's, so here we are a year later when they state they are going to scrap it.
If folk wish to continue to fund a organisation that can waste millions every year,plus pay a select few vast salaries and just show endless repeats, then the BBC will continue to expect a free ride

Back