I'm Back

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Members
I am back from a not so sunny few days in the Holmfirth area,on the first day it was bright and sunny though by mid afternoon the clouds came in,see picture below,and from then on it never stopped raining,my friend and driver Brian got pretty wet while we tracked down location pictures,I have come back with a cold,once I feel a little better I will post some of the pictures during my stay,I had a very comfortable stay at Old Stoney Bank Guest house and the host Anne was charming,lovely house and gardens along with more than enough to eat breakfast,so if you intend to stay in the area I can recommend the place,I have posted a little quiz using some of the locations we managed to find,just sorry the sun was not out.

Storm.jpg

Welcome back Terry, lovely pictures so far.
The weather Gods haven't smiled on any of us, it has been rough and wet here too.
We are away for a few days from next Saturday so I'm hoping it changes abit, otherwise, like you I'll be on the Lemsips for a few days after.
I'm sleeping outside in the awning in a sleeping bag, so the nigh winds and pouring rain better stop. I'm 40 now and I don't fancy recreating SAS missions.

Welcome back, Terry, lovely photo! I´m sorry to hear you´ve got a cold, it´s everywhere in this cool summer, my mother has one too.
What does that mean, "be on the Lemsips"?

Cool Summer???? I'm sitting here where it's in the
90's F, soggy, humid, and nasty. I do really envy
y'all in Europe. Did you not have a bit of heat a
while back?? I would kill for 70'sF and rainy right
now.

Instead, tonight we'll take the MG out to try to cool off in the
night air.

Not everyone in Europe is cold and wet etc. Here in Malta we are enjoying lovely hot climate and blue seas and nothing more you can ask for. The rain will not show up again until late September. In mid August it can go up to 45 to 50 celcius... But hey what is wrong with a bit or rain and cold to keep your fresh. You can take so much heat and get fed up of it.

Hi Members
I am back from a not so sunny few days in the Holmfirth area,on the first day it was bright and sunny though by mid afternoon the clouds came in,see picture below,and from then on it never stopped raining,my friend and driver Brian got pretty wet while we tracked down location pictures,I have come back with a cold,once I feel a little better I will post some of the pictures during my stay,I had a very comfortable stay at Old Stoney Bank Guest house and the host Anne was charming,lovely house and gardens along with more than enough to eat breakfast,so if you intend to stay in the area I can recommend the place,I have posted a little quiz using some of the locations we managed to find,just sorry the sun was not out.

Good to hear that you had a relaxing holiday. Good thing that Compo wasn't there to lend you his hanky to blow your nose. LOL

Storm.jpg

Welcome back, Terry, lovely photo! I´m sorry to hear you´ve got a cold, it´s everywhere in this cool summer, my mother has one too.

Lemsip is a cold remedy that you mix with hot water,I find the isla throat pastilles you told me about **** do help with the sore throat

Lemsip is a cold remedy that you mix with hot water,I find the isla throat pastilles you told me about **** do help with the sore throat

Hope it's not man flu Terry.As all we men know is so debilitating it can cause us to feel like we're dying.

Hope it's not man flu Terry.As all we men know is so debilitating it can cause us to feel like we're dying.

I think it is worse than that George,it could be full blown Wimp Flu

LOOOOL, I never thought of that one, man flu ;D. But to be fair, I don´t think it´s true, the men I have known were mostly really brave about illnesses. It seems the cliche is international, but my experience is a bit different ;).
Oh, I´m glad these pastilles help you a bit, Terry! They are not a magic remedy, but they feel more pleasant than some other pastilles, covering the soreness a bit.

The picture is beautiful. I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I wish you a speedy recovery.
It is too hot in Texas already. I am dreading the long hot summer and envy your 70 degree temperatures and the rain.
Linda

All I can see today is cloud been like it for weeks now ,always think of the dark satanic mills on days like this.Always rained when I used to venture up north dark buildings dark skies .

Back