Holmfirth today

ferret

Dedicated Member
We had a trip to Holmfirth this afternoon, here are some pics........
Going over Holme Moss

The park where the old shelter was

Going over the river towards Bamforths

Nooks and crannies....

The tour bus

Cheers, despite the cooler weather it was pretty busy at the cafe and exhibition, plenty of people wandering about taking photos ;)

see you got to new mills too, lucky you...as for the cobblers shop where on earth else might you see something like that these days... :)

see you got to new mills too, lucky you...as for the cobblers shop where on earth else might you see something like that these days... :)
You don't see many little places like that anymore, i've had a chat with the guy who owns it- there isn't room to swing a pair of bootlaces inside :D

In one word, excellent.

Excellent pictures.

Unfortunately in later episodes we didn't see much of the town, but your pictures have reassured me the place hasn't changed much.

absolutely brilliant onyx, thank you...there's an awful lot of weeds on the steps....

In 1998 we nearly bought a house which sat at the top of the steps in the right hand corner,but like the steps the whole place was covered in green,we then realised the house and surroundings never really got any sunlight on them,so the place would always be cold and damp,plus access in the winter would be hard having to walk some distance on slippery cobbles etc with the shopping

Great pics, brought a tear to my eye. I used to take my gorgrous German Shepherd dog up to the park and run him ragged round the shelter. Happy days way back in the mid 70's.

Really enjoyed seeing the pictures. Thanks for posting them. Weather looks a bit lousy.

Really enjoyed seeing the pictures. Thanks for posting them. Weather looks a bit lousy.
It was pretty breazy but when the sun came out it was fine. Sat in the sun on the bench opposite Sids with our dogs and had a brew-lovely.

Thanks for the replies, glad you like them. Here's the last few.
A couple taken from behind the church, the next one from next to Cleggys house, the old bus station and the alley next to it and the steep road from the park.

Back