Holmfirth market

Is there anything special about it that we should know about???

I have been to it. It is held indoors and is not very big, as I remember it. I bought an oversized t-shirt with the Holmfirth/Summer Wine logo. I wore it as a nightdress for some years.

I have been to it. It is held indoors and is not very big, as I remember it. I bought an oversized t-shirt with the Holmfirth/Summer Wine logo. I wore it as a nightdress for some years.

I just read this note over and am worried that there may have been 'to much information' humble appologies.

I just read this note over and am worried that there may have been 'to much information' humble appologies.

Au contraire, ma brave. Fully appreciated the whole concept and picture it created in my mind. But then I abhor the excessive PC!

Thanks Unc.

Au contraire, ma brave. Fully appreciated the whole concept and picture it created in my mind. But then I abhor the excessive PC!

Hello, it's on the main rd through the town on the right hand side as you approach from Woodhead rd to Huddersfield rd. You can also enter it from below on Hollowgate.
It's only a small market which is a shame because a bigger outdoor market on say the car park/bus station would be good but i suppose it's lucky to still have one. Quite a few of our local markets have ceased trading in the past few years. If we're visiting another town for a day out we always like to go on Market day for a mooch around- good ones we visit are Skipton, Keswick, Bakewell, Chesterfield, Ulverston, Ashbourne....you have to get to Skipton and Bakewell early before they start busing people in- it gets packed.

Back