Him In Doors.

Mum is like that too. She never knows the episode title, but she does say "Is it that one again? Not the one where........". Then again, we do watch the DVDs rather more than is good for us.

I am the opposite , not 100% with titles but most dialogue I remember.:fp::08:
Me too. A couple of years ago, I heard myself reciting several lines of dialog from Cheering Up Gordon at the breakfast table at Holnicote House, Selworthy, to several very slight acquaintances. One of them had innocently asked what I was planning to do that day. My plan was to take the bus to Minehead, then walk along the esplanade to the harbor and the lifeboat station to see the lifeboats. Different town in a different region, but I was kind of doing it for Wally, who was fascinated by the lifeboats, but was obliged to go to sea world with Nora. I used that bit of dialog to illustrate my reasoning and some of the people recognized it. Then I realized what I'd done and commented that I watch that program way too much!

Last edited:
I think most of us know the script off by heart now, I really have know idea how many times I've seen each episode except for later ones, I tent to watch up until There Goes the Groom and go back to the start. I do tend to know the order of the episodes in most series so I know what's next but the lord and wannabe master doesn't have a clue, he just watches the first few seconds and instantly knows the ones he doesn't like, I have caught him looking up now and then waiting for a scene he likes so he can watch it so I think subconsciously he knows what's happening.

Confiscate his bicycle for showing insubordination and a lack of empathy with your passion for the show Pearl ........................... or you could just clout him around the lughole when he starts! ;)

Confiscate his bicycle for showing insubordination and a lack of empathy with your passion for the show Pearl ........................... or you could just clout him around the lughole when he starts! ;)
I ended up giving his bicycle to our son in law, unfortunately clocking him round the head is doesn't work he has a very thick scull and nothing penetrates it however over the years I've found other ways of controlling his wild ways, none of which are publisheable except one, I make him watch Judge Judy now and then which seems to make watching Summer Wine a much more pleasant option.

I ended up giving his bicycle to our son in law, unfortunately clocking him round the head is doesn't work he has a very thick scull and nothing penetrates it however over the years I've found other ways of controlling his wild ways, none of which are publishable except one, I make him watch Judge Judy now and then which seems to make watching Summer Wine a much more pleasant option.
Tuesday night is BritWit night and he departs for Outer Mongolia AKA the Bedroom.

My dad loved SW. I think it was through him I started to watch. My mother was never a fan but, for years after dad died I would often walk in and find it on. She was totally broken hearted when he died and I really think this was a way of feeling close to him, by watching what he watched on TV.

My dad was the same, it's how I got into it, our dads have a lot to answer for.
My mam liked Jerry Springer! (Don't judge me )
Dad hated it , dad would tape a crime show or something and mam would tape Jerry over it, it used to drive him crazy but after she died no one was allowed to tape over Jerry. Grief does strange things to people.

Back