Glenda

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
I have just noticed recently how Glenda`s accent had changed from the early days.She seemed to have a broader,more working class accent in her earlier years than later on.Maybe it changed when Barry started to work for the building society.But I suppose due to the longevity of the series,all the regular characters changed and evolved to some extent.In the first two series I`ve noticed that Clegg was much more assertive and at times was (almost) arrogant.That`s not to say he was any less likable then,he was always my favourite from day one.

He's my favourite too. That line about the guy with the bird crossing the road only to feed the thing to his cat. Perfect delivery of a brilliant line. Perfection, really. Peter Sallis playing Clegg. Inspired.

Honestly, I hadn't noticed the accent changes but have noticed most of the
characters have grown and evolved. I really do like ALL of LOTSW .

I have just noticed recently how Glenda`s accent had changed from the early days.She seemed to have a broader,more working class accent in her earlier years than later on.Maybe it changed when Barry started to work for the building society.But I suppose due to the longevity of the series,all the regular characters changed and evolved to some extent.In the first two series I`ve noticed that Clegg was much more assertive and at times was (almost) arrogant.That`s not to say he was any less likable then,he was always my favourite from day one.

No one changed more over time than Clegg! That is for certain.

I watched from day one and I certainly have changed a lot in that time. Its life!

So true Sue, I was still in secondary school when the series started.Hard to believe now, seems a lifetime away.

Back