Geoffrey Palmer

Ah that's a shame, another star of out Childhood sky has dwindled and died. He's been in some lovely stuff over the years.

Easier to list what he hasn't been in , a stalwart of British acting since the 60's . I loved him as a the hapless duck out of water Jimmy in Reggie Perrin and his deadpan delivery in the Grumpy Guide series of shows was a perfect match . I think he developed that as the oppressed husband of Wendy Craig in Butterflies . It doesn't list his favourite food but I think he loved Sausages, well how badly did he want them as Dr Price in the Kipper and the Corpse episode of Fawlty Towers . A consummate , versatile and accomplished Actor who will be fondly remembered and sadly missed .

The straighter he played it, the funnier he became.

Who else can do that??

The speech he makes to Leonard Rossiter in Series Two of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin about who his secret army will be against is one of television's best ever comedy moments.

He will be remembered for Reggie Perrin, Butterflies, Fawlty Towers, Fairly Secret Army, Executive Stress, As Time Goes By and Blackadder Goes Forth.

A legend.

So sad to hear about the loss of Geoffrey Palmer. He was in the 'As Time Goes By' sitcom for nearly 14 years. That is my favourite sitcom because the characters are so real. We had something in common. He disliked the idea of the High speed train and so do I.
R.I.P. Lionel.

RIP Geoffrey, a fine actor indeed. Always enjoyed when ever he turned up. And quite versatile playing such different characters on different shows.
well said.
RIP...
Sign of the times, this will become more common with our fav people ... just all getting to that age, but shows that comedy was at its best so long ago

Back