For Gerry Anderson fans...

Very cool. Thanks, Onslow. I believe I had a paper model of that as a kid. The piping were paper straws and tended to bend and crease. Then never be right again...

Very cool. Thanks, Onslow. I believe I had a paper model of that as a kid. The piping were paper straws and tended to bend and crease. Then never be right again...

One of the most famous models inspired from a Gerry Anderson show was produced on a children's iconic BBC show Blue Peter and it was Tracy Island from Thunderbirds. They broadcast it over a number of weeks and stages but to save you all here's a 90 second sped up version of it being made.

I am sad to admit that I have diecast models of Fireball XL5, Supercar and Stingray!:fp:

Grew up watching them, particularly Fireball and Supercar! For me Stingray was a little later and because by then we were living in the "bush" here in Oz and we had limited TV options (1 channel and NOT a commercial one) I didn't actually get to see Thunderbirds until MUCH later in life.

Same with Space 1999, UFO and Moonbase. I know of some of the other "big" Anderson shows, but we didn't really get them here..Eg. Joe90.

We got quite a varied selection of shows here back in the 60's from Australian (usually Krapp) to Canadian, British and of course USA.
One show we got was a Canadian one called "The Forrest Rangers" (Can still hum the theme tune). The tenuous connection with Anderson????...One of the main ADULT characters was played by the man who voiced Mike Mercury in Stingray...or was it Steve Zodiac in Fireball????? LOL

1999 link has moved but apparently still streaming. The channel also has a curious show they're streaming, Space Precinct.

Back