Flower Power Cut

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
Your thoughts on this hilarious episode. One of the most well written episodes of the series in my humble opinion. When I first saw it, I thought Clegg really believed in the benefits of playing music to flowers, only to be suprised it was a scam all along to dupe Compo, Foggy and Sid out of a quid each. I always loved Clegg's charming wit, and it was especially apparent in this episode, as he had the other three hanging onto his every word and believing his story. This may sound like a silly question, but did the guys actually play those recorders, or were they dubbed in by session musicians?

I don't know about if they actually played the recorders, but that is one of my favourit episodes I just love it when Clegg pushes the bell for Ivy to come in and see them playing to flowers. ;D

This is one of my favourites too, I would suspect that the recorder music was dubbed - unless anyone knows different.

I would expect the recorders were dubbed, if any of them weren't musical (and that's in both legs), then it would be too time consuming to train them i would have thought.

I take Clegg's point though, my mum used to talk to her plants when she cleaned and watered them, we all thought she was going potty but the rosettes and awards she accrued over the years from the flower shows, had us thinking she could have been right!

G ; )

Must have been dubbed, whenever they showed the trio while playing they did something quite different, and Compo and Cleggy weren´t even holding it correctly, only Foggy was. You need your left hand on the top of the recorder, not the right.

Must have been dubbed, ... and Compo and Cleggy weren´t even holding it correctly, only Foggy was. You need your left hand on the top of the recorder, not the right.

we learn somethign every day - I never knew that!

Must have been dubbed, whenever they showed the trio while playing they did something quite different, and Compo and Cleggy weren´t even holding it correctly, only Foggy was. You need your left hand on the top of the recorder, not the right.

There speaks a Childhood well spent!

Must have been dubbed, ... and Compo and Cleggy weren´t even holding it correctly, only Foggy was. You need your left hand on the top of the recorder, not the right.

that said..............was Compo's playing in Last Pigeon and Post real do you think?

I think even if he could play he didn't becauce he was so ill. You can tell he's not really blowing.

that said..............was Compo's playing in Last Pigeon and Post real do you think?

I think even if he could play he didn't becauce he was so ill. You can tell he's not really blowing.

ah right thanks. I must admit because of the emotion of that moment ive never really looked, but the comments on here got me thinking

Back