First / Last of the summer wine Seymour?

lotswfan72

Dedicated Member
How come in last of the summer wine when seymour turns up its like the first time clegg and compo have met him yet in First of the summer wine when they were younger they were friends and worked together?

Artistic licence I guess. Last was written before First. It wasn't really a continuity thing.

Happens with Wesley too, when they first meet they don't know each other but later on they all went to school together.

also happens with billy and alvin as well, when they first met they didnt know the trios, then when they become regulars they seem 2 kno each other from school, i suppose it was an easy get out 4 RC or AJWB

same with Truly

sorry i gotta disagree on that 1, i remember reading sumwhere (possibly bright and ross book) that he was an old school chum who moved 2 london when he was young which was an excuse if frank thornton slipped occasionally into his london accent instead of a yorkshire accent

I asked AJ Bell about this,he said if he had directed it, it would of never happened as it would of been picked up before filming

same with Truly

sorry i gotta disagree on that 1, i remember reading sumwhere (possibly bright and ross book) that he was an old school chum who moved 2 london when he was young which was an excuse if frank thornton slipped occasionally into his london accent instead of a yorkshire accent
Well in There Goes The Groom,seemed as if it was Compo and Clegg's initial meeting with him

Back