Favorite Christmas Film

minxie

Dedicated Member
is.......... it has to be Scrooge, and of course with Alistair Simms, I watched it yesterday, and I will watch every other version the TV puts on. I love the story and I admit I am now watching the Muppet version.Love it kermit is so cute..

So of course I want to know what's your fav chrimbo film/s

I'm with you on the Alistair Sim Scrooge, Minxie. The Miracles on 34th Street dont do it for me. bah humbug!! >:(

I collect the "Christmas Carol" movies and I agree with you, Minxie, the
one with Alistair Simm is my favorite, too. :)

I don´t actually know many Xmas films, but Scrooge, definitely, but I prefer George C. Scott, for the simple reason that I´ve never seen another version and also that Scott looks exactly like the Scrooge in my imagination. Time for that film now by the way, it´s snowing very hard and I´m getting a cold, time for cosiness!

Alastair Sim was I think the best but I thought Patrick Stewart was very good in the more recent re-make.

I watched the Albert Finney musical scrooge the other day. A strange version from all the other oldie films
I did see Alistair Simms scrooge coat in Planet Hollywood orlando, I was so excited I still have a photo of it somewhere

I never got into old classics. I recently posted about Chevy Chase's series of Vacation movies. Even though it is simply a silly 80's comedy, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is hilarious.

During this time a lot of American stations play "A Christmas Story" by Bob Clark. This is a 1983 film which is a pure comedy showing 1940's life of kids in the Chicago suburbs.

For anyone who hasn't seen either of these, I highly recommend them.

My husband likes the Christmas Carol with George C. Scott the best.
The re-make with Patrick Stewart is somewhat strange. (to me, anyway)

??? Any views on the Bill Murray film Scrooged??(I never really liked it ) :-\

I´ve seen it, but never really liked it either. It´s not all bad, but somehow it´s too hectic and silly, I don´t know. I only like the ending.

Back