Facebook adverts

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
On my mobile I cannot block the paid for adverts on Facebook, so I do get to see these and I am shocked of what seems to be either a complete rip off or just a case of vast overcharging, but making out you are really getting a good deal, I suppose they hope to catch folk with impulse buying.
My advice and I have tried this several times, if it is something that may interest you, then look elsewhere, as the claimed massive discounts often still leave you paying much more than you need, example I bought 3 battery powered LED lights, which are ideal for cupboards etc, cost £12.99 or £4.33 each, this FB seller wanted over £19 each and even if you bought eight with their massive discount they still worked out almost £12 each.
Other ad's appear to be a complete scam, the device that alleges to give you all TV and Satellite channels by plugging the unit into the mains and the other end into TV, massive discount and limited times sale, they delete any negative comments and I suspect the good comments are friend s of theirs, these people disappear within 24 hours, so the chances of getting any refund is zilch, you certainly won't have the protection that you get buying from EBay or Amazon

I noticed an oven cleaner in one of those adverts for around £18 popped it into Amazon and got it for £5 however I've heard they sell it in Poundstrecher for £2

It all reminds me of Del Boy and his so called great deals like the wind up cats that played how much is that doggy in the window or the dolls which frightened kids to death when they opened their eyes because the manufacturer had put them in the wrong way around . Are there ever real bargains out there?? Black Friday is coming up which is just a marketing ploy brought to the UK from the States praying on people's desire for a bargain . Like Del if "Monkey Harris" had a gross of "Yves ST Lacoste" shirts that normally retail at £60 each but their yours for a Lady Godiva each would you buy them , personally no but I know plenty of people who would.

My managing director, {wife}, does all the buying and checks around for the best bargains. We have lots of bargains. LOTS AND LOTS of 'em. We need a bigger house. :eek2::frown2:

I have seen things like that on ebay with sellers sometimes as well. A made up example would be a DVD selling for around $15 from most people. There is always some buffoon listing the same for $80. Do they not do a simple search to see what others are selling theirs for? Would some small bit of sense not tell them it definitely is not worth that much?

Amazon sellers are bad for "fantasy" prices, sometimes one sees items like books for hundreds of pounds or even over a thousand, not sure what that is all about.

Back