Episodes that make you Wonder

Following on from this thread, I saw The Empire Foggy Nearly Built last night and I was slightly cynical when the driver of the very expensive Mercedes SL (easily worth 100k in today's money) simply handed over the car to 3 complete strangers who happened to be carrying a parking placard :rolleyes:

Following on from this thread, I saw The Empire Foggy Nearly Built last night and I was slightly cynical when the driver of the very expensive Mercedes SL (easily worth 100k in today's money) simply handed over the car to 3 complete strangers who happened to be carrying a parking placard :rolleyes:
Oh dear Barrychuckle is Barrygrumps today. Okay who nicked his porridge....Again? Was it you captain?

Back in the day people were more trusting & polite. I believe that is why we've been targeted with all the scams that have prolifeorated. GB = easy pickings

Attachments

• we-bare-bears-eating.gif
    we-bare-bears-eating.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
Well, I
Well, I favor plot convenience, but there is the stereotype that wealthy people are too entitled to think anything untoward could happen to them. Is it a reference for something that was happening in the area at the time? In America in the 60's and 70's there was a running joke about everything being pulled down to build parking lots, including other parking lots. Maybe it was a comment on the times.

The iconic one where they go to Wales to see Foggy and his foot is run over by the car. In the very last scene, the view is of a store or something with them talking. I have always been confused. Is that supposed to be in Holmfirth or Wales?

The iconic one where they go to Wales to see Foggy and his foot is run over by the car. In the very last scene, the view is of a store or something with them talking. I have always been confused. Is that supposed to be in Holmfirth or Wales?
That was chip shop in Holmfirth, I'm assuming its after they returned home.

I watched A leg up for Christmas the other day, now when Howard was going to leap the wall, firstly Foggy looked over followed by Howard after his first attempt to jump the wall,so how did neither one of them not spot the chicken coupe, making it unsafe to jump at that section?

Another thing about the Mercedes scene that makes you wonder is that Clegg was not wearing a seat belt but when he drives round the corner we hear the tyres squeal and a loud crash. Clegg would have ended up either in hospital or a police station and a bill for all the damage. It's all good fun though and one of my favourite Foggy era episodes.

Another thing about the Mercedes scene that makes you wonder is that Clegg was not wearing a seat belt but when he drives round the corner we hear the tyres squeal and a loud crash. Clegg would have ended up either in hospital or a police station and a bill for all the damage. It's all good fun though and one of my favourite Foggy era episodes.
I agree Roger the episode is an absolute belter, had me in stitches, Foggy at his barmpot best, somehow thinking he could become rich with his car parking idea without actually owning one!!!!!!

I guess its just to keep the running gag going about who gets the star of the show cake while the rest settle for the also rans so to speak. It offers a comic interlude , it's a stretch but you could liken it to spotting Hitchcock's appearance in his films only we are desperately trying to second guess until the reveal who will get the best cake in each episode.

It was a later one and I think it was in Ivys cafe.
In the series 20 episdode “What's Happened to Barry's Nose?” the ladies’ coffee morning is at the café. There is a plate full of cream cakes, but Ivy whisks them away before anyone takes one!

But in an earlier episode, Christmas 1991: “Situations Vacant” Edie has provided enough chocolate eclairs for everyone.

Back