Drivers.

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
I live on a busy junction with parking bays marked near the kerb. There are signs around saying how long you can park.All of them say 2 hours free and no return after another 2 hours. The number of parker's that get out of their cars and go and stand at the sign then lock up and go .My question is .....If they have to stand that close to the sign to read it, should they be driving anyway.??:08: :confused2:

Perhaps the Highways people could but a large letter sign underneath saying if you cannot read the above then you should have gone to Specsavers or perhaps its a ruse and people stay beyond the time and then claim , if they get a fine, that the sign is not readable or they perhaps forgot their glasses and mistook 2 for a 4 .

It's true, you wonder sometimes. I think people should be required to have sight tests every few years to be able to keep their licenses. I drive a huge people carrier and the times people have pulled out in front of me because they didn't see this huge car with an angry blonde bird screaming at them is astonishing.

Lesson #1, learned at birth and passed on accordingly........

Drive as if everybody else on the road is trying to kill you, because.......
if you give them half a chance, THEY WILL!!!

Apparently people are calling BMW to ask when their car showrooms will be open, so far
there has been no Indication

It's true, you wonder sometimes. I think people should be required to have sight tests every few years to be able to keep their licenses.
In New York State, we have to have a vision test in order to renew our driving licenses. That's only every eight years, though. One of my sister's colleagues completely lost the vision in one eye and didn't realize it until she took the vision test at the license bureau when her license needed to be renewed.

You only have to get tested after you turn 75 I think it is, it really should be more often. I think people should have to retake the test every 5 years but having said that I wouldn't pass.

You only have to get tested after you turn 75 I think it is, it really should be more often. I think people should have to retake the test every 5 years but having said that I wouldn't pass.
Do you mean just the vision test, or do you mean the road test, as well? The latter was so anxiety-producing that I didn't take mine until five years later than I could have done, after renewing learner's permits and practicing for all of that time. When my little sister turned 16 and made her testing appointment, I made mine, too. Couldn't bear for her to get ahead of me. BTW, we both passed on the first attempt.

I am not the greatest driver and know my failings all too well but I shudder and shake my head in disbelief with some of the things people do when out allegedly driving and the complete lack of care and safety they observe . It's the me me me generation who we have behind the wheel absolute disregard for courtesy of the road and for other people's safety . :mad:

OK, so is parallel parking involved in getting into that parking space? If so, that's a maneuver that requires good vision. So if there were no dings or dents, consider that they passed the eye test. Maybe the sign itself was confusing. On another note, I was once behind a lady who was very clearly driving by braille. Not pretty.

A dotted line parking bay's with accompanying notices on wide junction. Mind you the number of cars that go wrong side of the bollards beggars description ! :eyesroll: :fp: o_O

Back