Dressing Up

George

Super Moderator
I've just been watching 'Oh Look Mizzi's Found Her Mummy' in which Barry was dressed as a mummy and Glenda as Cleopatra.It made me think how often a member of the cast has had to dress up in some outlandish costume,and thought it would be interesting and fun for us to think of who wore what

:D MOST OF THE LEADING CAST WORE COSTUMES IN "EXTRA EXTRA ".DOES THIS COUNT GEORGE?? ;)

Howard as a WW1 German officer in Happy Birthday Robin Hood.

Howard dressed as a French Legionare in the Glamour of the uniform
Foggy dressed up for a Safari or Jungle exploration and equiped with blow pipe and darts in Destiny and six Bananas ;D

Hector

"Oh Look, Mizzi's Found Her Mummy" was during a time that there was a lot of dressing up. A few episodes later, Alvin played the ghost of the Piper (I think) in "What Happened To The Horse?" Both episodes had similar results with the police.

Originally Sid and Wally and then our three heros as Chiefs and Indians in Deep in the heart of Yorkshire.

In the three astaires where Compo was dressed first as a mexican and then as a knight when the helmet got stuck.Smiler as aladdin and i think as a jester in one
episode.Compo in full motorcycle gear in a leg up for christmas.The trio in crums
as three father Christmases.

Was it Clegg as Santa in "Variations on a Theme of the Widow Winstanley". Of course all three were dressed as Santa in the Seymour episode "Merry Christmas Father Christmas" as was Howard.

And was it Howard in the mouse costume in "Who's That Mouse in the Poetry Group?" But as in all things, of course, I could be lying.

It was also amusing, especially in the later years, how everyone relied on Auntie Wainwright to come up with an outfit.

We have Compo again,togged out in a wet suit bought from Sid for a fiver which was borrowed from Foggy in, from Wellies to wet suit.He was also done up in some make shift riding gear in,Errol flyn used to have a pair like that.There was also quite a bit of dressing up in,Stop that Castle,with Marina as Snow white,Foggy as a medievil soldier(of course ;D).etc.

Hector.

Back