Do we Jump or are we pushed

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
When we have to get up,are you up at out of bed when the alarm goes off,do you hit the sleep button on the alarm,how many of you set your alarm clock fast, and knowing it is fast stay in bed for those extra minutes

Being long retired I don't have to bother normally with the alarm. :) However, if I am going to the Doctors early or going on a trip, I normally wake up around 4 am then can't go off to sleep again!!! ::) ::)

If I have to get up I over sleep, if can lay in I'm up at 5am!

My husband uses an alarm and given the chance would be pressing snooze until dinner time but if the alarm wakes me he gets a kick so his body has now trained itself to wake up just before it goes off. It took 30 odd years and untold bruises to attain this body and alarm synchronisation. >:(

If I have to get up I over sleep, if can lay in I'm up at 5am!

My husband uses an alarm and given the chance would be pressing snooze until dinner time but if the alarm wakes me he gets a kick so his body has now trained itself to wake up just before it goes off. It took 30 odd years and untold bruises to attain this body and alarm synchronisation. >:(

Memo to Terry: Do you need to add "or are you kicked out of bed ?" to the title of the thread?? :me: :santawink: :santawink:

From the first day of my retirement I ditched the alarm clock. Only alarm I get now is the bl**dy cockerel!!!!

I am annoyingly cheerful. :) At least that is what my girls have told me. :santawink:

I don't wake up to an alarm, but to the radio. :yawn: It's the classical music station. I love classical music so it's a nice way to wake up! :dance: :cc:

Although officially retired from full time work I have to get up to let my wife's carer in - which means I need an alarm! :( :( :(

And it has to be the same time every morning - so no lie in. :'( :'( :'(

However most mornings I wake just before it's due. Never suffered from a kick as described by Susan however I agree with Dick that if I wake early can rarely get back off to doze. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

However I can go to bed and say ight "six hours" or "seven hours" and often find I do come to about that number of hours later! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Jump here, I'm a morning person and my wife and kids are not. Makes for interesting Saturday mornings :D
I normally take our big dog(morning person too) for a car ride and then bring home breakfast, trying to be nice and let them sleep in.

Back