Did You watch the

Saw a really dressed-up Old Bridge with pennants (bunting??).
Izzat it??

(btw - The Old Bridge ain't much of a pub these days. Prefer
The Nook!!)

I watched some of the race live today Chuck,there seemed to be ad breaks every 5-7 minutes

I watched some of the race live today Chuck,there seemed to be ad breaks every 5-7 minutes

Yeah, I am waiting (patiently??) for someone over there
to upload the ENTIRE stage 1 so we can see all the places
we know so well. Don't really want just the hi-lights. We
have watched the stage online as reported text-ually,
but waiting for some film later.

Sorry Cav crashed, but seeing Navardauskas do so well
makes my Lithuanian wife really happy.

Yeah, I am waiting (patiently??) for someone over there
to upload the ENTIRE stage 1 so we can see all the places
we know so well. Don't really want just the hi-lights. We
have watched the stage online as reported text-ually,
but waiting for some film later.

Sorry Cav crashed, but seeing Navardauskas do so well
makes my Lithuanian wife really happy.

I will only watch it today and tomorrow just to see the places I know,other than that a chap in a yellow jersey won stage 1

I will only watch it today and tomorrow just to see the places I know

We will download the FULL stages only for 1 and 2 as well, just
to see all the wonderful places we know. Looking forward
to see them climbing in Haworth and out by the reservoir
near where you used to live (too bad they did not stop
at The Old Silent for a pint!). These two stages go thru
our favorite part of the world and we want to see it all.

cheers

The climb up to Holme moss. Going through Holmfirth. Leaving York. All these places I have been to. And Haworth and Oxenhope. Should be good viewing.

:37::37:Just back from seeing the real thing -as mentioned elsewhere it was half a mile from where I live. Had a good spot on a roundabout where there was a road closure ...

lot of crowds about five deep at that point but the closer you got to Keighley town centre, the more dense they became.

Several of us waiting wondered as we saw all the official cars (Skodas marked voiture officiale) going by with people waving whether we could have hired ourselves out as official wavers! :37::37::dance::dance: - we said we would have done it for our keep and transport costs only!

Most of the morning the ITV presenters mentioned the crowds and kept saying wait until you see the crowds in Keighley, they enter the outskirts of Keighley and yes you've guessed cut to a advert,when they come back from the ad break,they are the other side of Keighley heading towards Crossroads and Haworth

Holmfirth looked pretty good although hard to tell with all of the crowds! Yes, they did seem to break for commercials a lot. But it was good to see Holmfirth.

Holmfirth looked pretty good although hard to tell with all of the crowds! Yes, they did seem to break for commercials a lot. But it was good to see Holmfirth.

I blinked and almost missed Holmfirth

Most of the morning the ITV presenters mentioned the crowds and kept saying wait until you see the crowds in Keighley, they enter the outskirts of Keighley and yes you've guessed cut to a advert,when they come back from the ad break,they are the other side of Keighley heading towards Crossroads and Haworth

Apparently Keighley itself was heaving - I was on the outskirts at the top of Hard Ings Road roundabout within five feet of the cyclists!

Back