Crackerjack

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
I see that Crackerjack is back today after a 35-year absence. I didn't watch it, I was too old. Some of you though, are too young to have seen it in its hey-day. John Bercow was in that show when he was a kid. I will watch the first prog because one of the originals, Don Maclean, is to make a cameo appearance. Does that mean he will be wearing a broach?:D .......... Don Maclean the English comedian, not the American singer.

I just looked up Don Maclean for recent photographs of him. I didn't get the English Don Maclean, I got the singer, Don Mclean, only one 'A'. He was singing 'Vincent' accompanied by Chet Atkins. That song is a one-off. It is not really a song, it is a story told to music. Don Mclean wrote it on a paper bag after reading about Vincent Van Gough. The words create a wonderful picture of Vincent and his art. Getting soppy I have to say it is the most beautiful but saddest song I have ever heard.

Last edited:
Watched a recording this morning of Crackerjack's come back. Just going on to Amazon now to search for some earplugs. :eek2:

Back