Congratulations George

Well done that man!

however I am bemused by the time on line; let me tell you why. I looked up the statistics that tell you this detail and found that

****, Big U and Susan have all been on line longer than me yet I have posted more than those three. To my simple mind I would have thought that there would have been some correlation between time on lien and number of posts - obviously not. Any one know why?

Well done that man!

however I am bemused by the time on line; let me tell you why. I looked up the statistics that tell you this detail and found that

****, Big U and Susan have all been on line longer than me yet I have posted more than those three. To my simple mind I would have thought that there would have been some correlation between time on lien and number of posts - obviously not. Any one know why?

I am not sure why this is,maybe with our cousin **** she is online and spends some time finding the correct English words she wants to use,so the online time racks up, though saying that the few times I have met **** her English is very good,she can speak proper like what I does

I cannot be sure but for a long time I used to leave myself logged in at least all morning. Maybe that is what the others are doing Barmpot old mate??? ???

I cannot be sure but for a long time I used to leave myself logged in at least all morning. Maybe that is what the others are doing Barmpot old mate??? ???

I did a bit of analysis on this and have looked it up. Here is the thread:

Pretty sure it does not do that,there is a time-out when you are logged in, as often I do not see you logged into the forum,which is when it collects the data, and looking at it, it does it only when you are logged out again before adding that time to the states

Just did a wee bit experiment. Noted my total time "online" when I came to forum this morning. Spent about five minutes catching up. Checked total time "online" again and it had increased by that five minutes. Did not log out. Did not close the website. Simply moved to another website. Returned to forum about half an hour later. Total time "Online" had not changed. So "system" can obviously track when we move away from the forum even by minimising it. Must be done by cookies. An aside, are we "new cookie regulation" compliant?

A further wee bit of experimentation. Checked my website so-called "Total Time Spent Online" reading. Did not move away from website but opened up an Excel Spread-sheet and did some housekeeping on it. Closed it down after about ten minutes and, of course, forum website was there. Rechecked the "Total Time Spent Online" reading. It had increased by that approximate ten minute figure. So, although I was not strictly speaking online on the website my count was still being increased.

Fundamentally, it would seem that as long as you stay online, do not move to another website but you can do anything else on the PC like compose a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet, your total time will continue to clock up.

I noted that whoever started this discussion had been a member far longer - something like two years longer than I have, had contributed more posts but total time was significantly less. But I do not know when the total time counter came into operation. And maybe he logs in and out which I never do.

Wow, just been baffled by statistic! I didn't realize I was on line that much. Explains the cobweds though ;D

Big Unc would it make any differance if I was logged in on my phone has well has the PC?

Wow, just been baffled by statistic! I didn't realize I was on line that much. Explains the cobweds though ;D

Big Unc would it make any differance if I was logged in on my phone has well has the PC?

I have no experience of logging in on any two devices at the same time but would anticipate the total time count continuing as long as the browser of one or both is connected to this website. I would be very surprised if it doubled up because you were connected twice.

Back