Clothes

amos hames

Dedicated Member
WE have all bought or been given clothes at some point in our lives.What is the best or worst thing you have ever been given.A christmas jumper mabye or a bright pair of trousers.I remember having a very bright orange jumper when i was younger and a flowery pair of shorts.You best and worst clothes please

>:( I was in hospital one november for almost 3 weeks. While in there I needed a new pair of slippers, Mother in law was going to give me some for xmas but would she give me them early, would she heck! My wife did a Glenda and said it was not worth getting me another pair if mother was going to give me some anyway!So I was in hospital with the tattiest pair of slippers imaginable ::) :(

Being the 3rd youngest of 10 siblings,my mum would alter the older kids clothes to fit the younger ones.I remember being given my older brother's shirt.He was 20 years older than me so I went to school in a shirt with a collar like Harry Hill.

Being the 3rd youngest of 10 siblings,my mum would alter the older kids clothes to fit the younger ones.I remember being given my older brother's shirt.He was 20 years older than me so I went to school in a shirt with a collar like Harry Hill.

And it was still too good for you! Now get back up that Chimney!

And it was still too good for you! Now get back up that Chimney!

We were too poor to have chimney's.There were 12 of us living in a shoebox

We were poor one xmas around 1950(none of the family had had much work that year) My uncle was fairly clever with his hands and hand made and carved a mini farm for myself and younger brother. With the addition of couple of cap guns and the proverbial apple, orange and some nuts we were set on xmas morn. :D O K So its slightly off topic but we were having to make do and mend ::)

Back