Cleggy, Pearl's and Howard's House

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
You know the ones that sit above the church in Holmfirth, I was not aware that they had been converted and is now a single home

You know the ones that sit above the church in Holmfirth, I was not aware that they had been converted and is now a single home
When did that happen? When I walked up to Back Lane and past that terrace a few years ago, the three had apparently been converted to two, as the house number on the end of the building was given as 50 with 54 beneath, indicating either that the mid-terrace house had been incorporated into one of the end ones or that it had been divided between the end ones.

Remember how the middle door always had colorful full-length strips hanging in the doorway during filming, so we never saw the door? Maybe that was because the door looked different from the others or looked unused. The photo of the house that I took from Victoria Park in October shows a different door into the left-hand end house. The resolution suffered when I cropped the photo just now, but it looks as though there's a mail slot only in the door on the left-hand end. The terrace will have gone from three quite modest houses to a single huge one, nearly a McMansion!

Unfortunately, I didn't walk up to Back Lane during that visit, so didn't see the house number(s). My legs were too tired just from walking up Daisy Lane to the flower garden across from the Whippet & Pickle.

Attachments

• PA230041.jpg
    PA230041.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 25
When did that happen? When I walked up to Back Lane and past that terrace a few years ago, the three had apparently been converted to two, as the house number on the end of the building was given as 50 with 54 beneath, indicating either that the mid-terrace house had been incorporated into one of the end ones or that it had been divided between the end ones.

Remember how the middle door always had colorful full-length strips hanging in the doorway during filming, so we never saw the door? Maybe that was because the door looked different from the others or looked unused. The photo of the house that I took from Victoria Park in October shows a different door into the left-hand end house. The resolution suffered when I cropped the photo just now, but it looks as though there's a mail slot only in the door on the left-hand end. The terrace will have gone from three quite modest houses to a single huge one, nearly a McMansion!

Unfortunately, I didn't walk up to Back Lane during that visit, so didn't see the house number(s). My legs were too tired just from walking up Daisy Lane to the flower garden across from the Whippet & Pickle.

Maybe this info is not 100%, and it is 2 of the 3 houses made into one, or has the owner of the 2 managed to obtain the 3rd house

Maybe this info is not 100%, and it is 2 of the 3 houses made into one, or has the owner of the 2 managed to obtain the 3rd house
When I'm back in Holmfirth in the fall, I'll try to work up the energy to walk up to the entrance gate to that property on Back Lane to check on how many house numbers are displayed. Instead of attempting the very steep route up from either Daisy Lane or the long staircase next to the church, I'll be more likely to walk up the less steep slope from the intersection of Station Road and Back Lane, though.

Hi.
On Zoopla sold house prices it is showing as one house. Last sold 1996 will try and post screenshot
Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, four reception rooms, detached house. The entire former terrace isn't large, so when it was in its original configuration, each house must have been very cramped.

Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, four reception rooms, detached house. The entire former terrace isn't large, so when it was in its original configuration, each house must have been very cramped.

I understand they were only one bedroom properties

Back