CLEANING

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
The bit of sun lately brought out the fact that I ought to have been dusting more. The main problem areas are the venetian blinds we have,(or I have) a lick over with the hoover pipe didnt work nor did one if those magic dusting brushes. It was fine on the furniture but not the blinds.I have one of those" five fingered " blind cleaners but it do's not seem to work.Can anyone recommend a foolproof and non fiddly way of doing the job .Short of binning the blinds that is. ;) ;D

on a warmer day i put lay the venetian blinds out flat on the garden table and wipe them over with cloth and soapy water, it works and doesnt take very long.

I usually close them wipe them with a damp cloth then close them the other way and do the same that usually gets most of dust off, those 5 finger things are useless. Of cause Sue's idea is the best :) Nets are easier to wash. We only got blinds because my husband worked nights for 10 years and it was the only way we could get the bedroom dark enough for him to sleep, the other way of cause is to ask a daughter for help ;D

You can hose them down in the garden or replace them with curtains. They are a bit nasty to clean aren't they? You can get the one piece roll down blind.

Having said all that, did you know that the best thing to clean a bathroom with is vodka! :D

I think it kills two birds with 1 stone in that it cleans the sink and cuts out the middle man so you don't have to drink the stuff :D

I think it kills two birds with 1 stone in that it cleans the sink and cuts out the middle man so you don't have to drink the stuff :D

Pat And Mike
Pat and Mike had been drinking buddies and friends for years.

After having a few drinks in a bar, Mike said to Pat -
"We have been friends for years and years and if I should die before you do would you do me a favour? Get the best bottle of Irish whiskey you can find and pour it over my grave."

Pat replied, "I would be glad to do that for you my old friend. But would you mind all that much if I were to pass it through my kidneys first?"

Simple answer to dust - fit lower wattage light bulbs and then we do not see it!

This conversation reminds me of Michael Bentine's "It's a Square World", particularly his patent "It's a Square World" mouse trap. After going through many a convoluted process the trapped mouse had to drink a bottle of whisky to save itself from drowning in the whisky, then came across a distorting mirror which made it look a hundred times its real size so it promptly took on the nearest cat.

Pat And Mike
Pat and Mike had been drinking buddies and friends for years.

After having a few drinks in a bar, Mike said to Pat -
"We have been friends for years and years and if I should die before you do would you do me a favour? Get the best bottle of Irish whiskey you can find and pour it over my grave."

Pat replied, "I would be glad to do that for you my old friend. But would you mind all that much if I were to pass it through my kidneys first?"

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Simple answer to dust - fit lower wattage light bulbs and then we do not see it!

This conversation reminds me of Michael Bentine's "It's a Square World", particularly his patent "It's a Square World" mouse trap. After going through many a convoluted process the trapped mouse had to drink a bottle of whisky to save itself from drowning in the whisky, then came across a distorting mirror which made it look a hundred times its real size so it promptly took on the nearest cat.
Another of my heroes Unc, he was so very much an oblique thinker that you wonder if he was maybe like Milligan and slightly scizophrenic(if thats the right word??)

Back