Christmas songs

Wham - Last Christmas (I love the Extended Version - Pudding Mix)
Elton John - Step Into Christmas (Both very close - Can't make my mind up)

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth

Ot The Holly and the Ivy, if we are being serious.

I love the Slade one. Also I'm very fond of Let it Snow and that thing Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews did a few years ago. For real carols, oh too many! Probably O Holy Night, Silent Night, and The Shepherds Farewell. Has anyone heard Maddy Prior and the Carnival Bands c.d. Carols and Capers? Really good. Old carols played on the instruments they were written for. The Wassail song sung as though they were out on the rounds having a glass of ale at each stop! They sound a little more tiddly with every verse. Great c.d.

I like Dean Martin songs, such as Winter Romance.
But real Christmas songs... It´s tricky to name favourites, there are for example:
The First Noel
Deck the Halls
Sleigh Ride
Stop the Cavalry
In Dulci Jubilo

I don´t know, there are so many I like.
Oh dear, and I hate Wham - Last Christmas. It seems you either love it or hate it.

My fave Christmas songs

White Christmas........Bing Crosby
Fairytale of New York..........Pouges
Stop the Cavalry............Jona Lewie
Little Drummer Boy........Bing Crosby and David Bowie

And my favourite carol

Silent Night

What I find annoying is the fact that today's artists are doing their version of great hristmas songs.

Girls Aloud - I wish it could be christmas everyday - What is wrong with Wizzard's Version? Wizzard's version is aimed at kids, Girls Aloud is just for girls.

Taylor Swift - Last Christmas - Same again, I love Wham's version.

In a couple of years time we'll be hearing young women singing once classic songs.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-[ :-[ :-[

The Christmas Song by Nat "King" Cole has always been my favourite.

Amos, Your favourite carol is Silent Night? It is beautiful, isn't it? A number of years ago one of the boys in our chapel surprised us all when we went carol singing. He sang one verse in English, the next in Welsh and the third in German. He'd learned the German in school and was so pleased that he came with us to sing! He was only about 6 at the time. He's a pilot now, so you can see how long ago that was! But you reminded me of it.I hadn't thought of that for years. Thanks, Amos. It's given me a lovely start to my day.

Amos, Your favourite carol is Silent Night? It is beautiful, isn't it? A number of years ago one of the boys in our chapel surprised us all when we went carol singing. He sang one verse in English, the next in Welsh and the third in German. He'd learned the German in school and was so pleased that he came with us to sing! He was only about 6 at the time. He's a pilot now, so you can see how long ago that was! But you reminded me of it.I hadn't thought of that for years. Thanks, Amos. It's given me a lovely start to my day.

I have always loved Silent Night in German.

Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht

Back