Christian Eriksen

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
I am not a fan of football but yesterday, whilst flipping through the channels in an effort to find something to watch, I clicked on the match between Finland and Denmark just as Christian Eriksen collapsed. I was surprised at the quick response of the players near him. Without any hesitation they promptly waved on the medics. I must admit that I thought that he had died. I have never seen so many people in tears. It was great news to hear that he had regained consciousness and was being treated in hospital.
Good to hear that you are on the mend Christian. Best wishes for your future.

I am not a fan of football but yesterday, whilst flipping through the channels in an effort to find something to watch, I clicked on the match between Finland and Denmark just as Christian Eriksen collapsed. I was surprised at the quick response of the players near him. Without any hesitation they promptly waved on the medics. I must admit that I thought that he had died. I have never seen so many people in tears. It was great news to hear that he had regained consciousness and was being treated in hospital.
Good to hear that you are on the mend Christian. Best wishes for your future.
High drama indeed Peri. I thought too that he may have died on the pitch. The were using paddles on him and pumping his chest furiously for a long time. Best wishes for a full recovery Christian.

It brought personal memories flooding back for me, it's a year next month since I lost one of my dearest friends in similar circumstances . He was a very keen cyclist and had gone on a bike ride with some friends , suffered a huge heart attack and despite the attempts to resuscitate him he sadly died .

We were a group of ten great friends who went to the races and on holiday frequently . Of us all he was probably the fittest , he regularly did the coast to coast ride , on holiday he always took it steady with the hooch and watched what he ate but you just don't know . It was such a relieve to see how Christian's team mates and the medical staff seem to have saved him because every one watching feared the worst . Lets hope he fully recovers and our thoughts go out to his family in these most testing of times .

Back