Caution if you are using Google+

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Google plus is a facebook type of extension to a Gmail account, Yesterday 10 Jan 2014 Google decided that anyone on Google+ can mail anyone else,so this morning my gmail account contained spam mail with pictures of naked ladies all wanting to be my friend, the only way to stop this is to log into your gmail account,go to settings and half way down the page turn of the new default setting to who can contact you via email from google+,I have set mine to nobody, you can also set it to just your circle of friends.

In the past gmail has been pretty good at filtering spam mail,so why they should throw the doors wide open I do not know,I can only assume all the staff in google have had a lobotomy

I had an email about it this morning. I'm going set mine to circle only.

Naked woman ay? !!! :-[ Sorry I won't do it again 8) :-[

Sorry Terry you got hit with spam but thank you for information. I did the same- no one-

Behave Susan!!!! I Did get a chuckle out of it though, go stand over there..... :respect:

Out of interest I found my way onto Google + on my mobile: did not sign up but while there they were suggesting videos for me to watch.

The first one was the complete "All Steamed Up" under a NYMR1 banner, and was a copy taken from UK Drama TV!

Strange to see one of my favourite episodes there on the mobile, clear picture although sound - as one would expect from a mobile.

But how did they know that I MIGHT LIKE IT? :-\ :-\ :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ;) ;)

I hate Google+! It is attached to my Youtube account and constantly wants me to make friends within or outside my circle. Then it tells me that I am going to be lonely with no friends. ??? What makes them think I'm lonely ;D

lol ;D
I am new at facebook and I am still overwhelmed. I have had photos and things show up from my own niece that is completely embarrassing and had to unfriend my own niece. These young people these days..... :-[

lol ;D
I am new at facebook and I am still overwhelmed. I have had photos and things show up from my own niece that is completely embarrassing and had to unfriend my own niece. These young people these days..... :-[
You don't have to unfriend - you can go to the right side and there is a little drop down and click on "I don't want to see this" and you will get the following:
This post is now hidden from your News Feed. Undo
You will also get the following multiple choice options - I never fill this part out
Why don't you want to see this photo?
I don't like this photo of me.
It's annoying or not interesting.
I think it shouldn't be on Facebook.
It's spam

Unfortunately, there are some that don't think before they post something to FB or before they click the "like" button. It can cause some embarrassing moments for those of us that are a bit on the conservative side :eek:
You'll get the hang of it in no time. If you have any FB questions, ask us - one of us is sure to know the answer.

Back